Evening Standard Mag Tonight

mr_ribble
mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
They have an article on "cycling tribes"

Reading the 'lycra lad' section was hauntingly accurate, aside from the bit about wapha. They even talk about these are the types that would stop and help a damsel in distress if they have had a visit from the fairy. Also the lycra lad doesnt race anymore, too busy trying to set and break his own records..

Worth trying to pick up a copy

Comments

• None of those stereotypes fit.... but you have to read it tongue in cheek...

Also did you see this, sadly the 'more pictures' link doesn't seem to work for me...
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    The HGV sounds like a relative of mine who happens to live around Holloway!

I don't fit the Lycra Clad Lad bill but I've been known to stop and offer patches, tubes and a chain tool to fellow velocopedestrians.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • brucebanner
    brucebanner Posts: 256
    "To illustrate, there’s one, often spotted around the City, who boasts tattooed calves: one says ‘F**K’, the other ‘TAXIS’. It’s like the interminable battle of an urban Wile E Coyote and Road Runner. On wheels."

Say this guy cycling east bound on Barking Rd. (East London). Saw him at the junction of Green Street.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Saw him at London Bridge a couple of weeks ago. Makes a point of having is trousers pulled up!