Forum new guy - Rotherham.

NDriver
NDriver Posts: 7
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
Just a friendly hello as i'v been lurking for about 6 month now so thought i'd join up and make the ocasional post.

Firstly, me. Im Nathan, 22 from Rotherham. Not really cycled since i snapped a Stink when i was 16 and broke 3 ribs apart from the daily 10km on the exercise bike at the gym.

Finally decided to buy another MTB as i used to love it ! But this time a hardtail as i can longer convince the parents to buy me such expensive gifts and i dont have the funds for a decent full suspension bike.

So here she is, brand new Carrera Kraken i collected from halfords yesterday :)

a4de2fe8.jpg
17ce42eb.jpg
(Pardon the messy yard/old fishtank/compressor, the yard is used for storage of everything we refuse to throw away)

So far all i'v done is remove the little gay bell and reflectors off the front/back/wheels/pedals as it will probably never see a road especially at night, and if it does i will invest in a decent set of lights for it.
Coming from a modified import car background, no doubt the modifications will come in eventually :lol:

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Where abouts in Rotherham are you from?
  • NDriver
    Near Brinsworth, not far from the town centre and can get onto Canklow woodland through our back gate!!
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Nice ride, enjoy.
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Welcome to the family and nice looking bike you've got their mate :) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • NDriver
    Cheers guys, Took her for her maiden voyage yesterday. Steady 5 miles including a mile back down through the woods. Didnt realise how much bottle i had lost ! Dont think i broke 10mph coming through the woods !
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Don't worry about not being as confident as you use to be as it will come back to you given time mate , just keep getting out their and enjoy it ;) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • That's a sexy looking bike! I went out on my first ride in years last weekend. Fell off twice thanks to the egg beater pedals! I know exactly what you mean about the lost confidence. When I was younger I wouldn't even think about bombing down through some woods as fast as I could. Very different story this time round.
  • sparked
    sparked Posts: 57
    How do mate, my cousins and a few mates are often up in Canklow Woods/Boston Castle area. Also if you look on face book for Rotherham Riders, you'll find us there.
    Ride my bike until I get home
  • NDriver
    That's a sexy looking bike! I went out on my first ride in years last weekend. Fell off twice thanks to the egg beater pedals! I know exactly what you mean about the lost confidence. When I was younger I wouldn't even think about bombing down through some woods as fast as I could. Very different story this time round.

Cheers man, Only problem witht he bike is lack of quick release seat post adjustment but nothing a £20 spend on ebay cant fix :)
    I couldnt agree more !! When i was 14-16 if it didnt feel unsteady i wasnt peddling hard enough haha !
    sparked wrote:
    How do mate, my cousins and a few mates are often up in Canklow Woods/Boston Castle area. Also if you look on face book for Rotherham Riders, you'll find us there.

Request to join group sent. Look forward to seeing you guys out.
  • sparked
    Request to join group sent. Look forward to seeing you guys out.[/quote]

Nice one mate and we're in Grenoside woods on Sunday.
  • supersonic
    sparked wrote:
    Request to join group sent. Look forward to seeing you guys out.

Nice one mate and we're in Grenoside woods on Sunday.[/quote]

Might see me then too!
  • sparked
    Nice one
  • supersonic
    Though after the rain we have had, a boat would be better for Greno lol
  • NDriver
    White Water Rafting down greno woods !!!
  • sparked
    yeah don't forget your snorkels or flippers