Time to boycott Addison Lee?

ilm_zero7
ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
edited August 2015 in The bottom bracket
does your company use Addison Lee - well once you read this maybe some internal lobbying might demonstrate how effective the pro-cycling lobby can be, which John Griffin seems to think he can drive all over them:

http://road.cc/content/news/56999-addis ... ist-deaths
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

Comments

• WallyP
    WallyP Posts: 6
    Yes, we do use Addison Lee, or should I say we did. I have just removed their App from my phone and advised all my colleagues that we won't be using them again. I'm just off to see my main supplier and am going to encourage them to do the same.
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    A lot of people on twitter are putting the boot in. There are quite a few tweets saying they will change to different cabs : ) ) ) )
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Hopefully his 'Ratner' moment.
  • sagefly
    sagefly Posts: 295
    ............and they are some of the worst. most aggressive cab drivers on the London roads.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been cut up, jammed on the brakes because of an Addison Lee driver.

My response now is to follow the cab and at the lights gett he passengers attention and explain what their "professional" driver has just done. The passengers hate it and its onkly when Mr Griffin starts to see passenger numbers fall will he be more realistic
    Turned out nice again!
  • Mad Roadie
    Mad Roadie Posts: 710
    this has all the signs of a Gerald Ratner-style moment, except that it is worse in his disregard for the safety of other road users. I do hope it has a similar catastrophic effect
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    The phrase 'road tax' cropped up again I see...its 2012, not 1936. WTF is wrong with people.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    [blatant plug]
    Anyone that uses Addison Lee couriers that want to change can give me a shout & we can get you sorted out quickly.

[/blatant plug]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    One of the many problems I have with this, other than he's a twunt, is that Addison Lee have recently taken over another firm that has a large fleet of Toyota Piouses. How much 'road tax' do they pay? Band A, no charge I do believe. How does he justify them using the roads?
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The phrase 'road tax' cropped up again I see...its 2012, not 1936. WTF is wrong with people.

TBH,(and this isn't aimed at you LL) if I was A-L or any other group whose self-interests would put them in a confrontation with cycling, I'd keep dropping the "road tax" bomb all day long even if I know its not correct. I think the cycling lobby are far too easily distracted on this matter and while they are arguing about "1936" this and "Churchill" that, I'd be pushing on with whatever is my main goal, while their eye is off the ball.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Not too sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but if you did need another reason to stop using the feckin morons company, rumour has it that he is related to that other lowlife Nick Griffin. If it's true, what a delightful family they are! Even if it is not true, they will never get another penny from me.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    The tosser that is Damien Thompson of the Daily Telegraph also waded in with his views.

"Get off your bike and into a cab
    I’ve only myself to blame, but last year I succumbed to delusions of grandeur and opened an account with Addison Lee, the sleek minicab firm. Never again. The ads said I could save a third of the cost of taxi journeys. Sure – if I was in the habit of hailing a passing Space Shuttle.
    Still, I enjoyed the rant by John Griffin, Addison Lee’s chairman, who reckons cyclists are making the roads more dangerous. I agree, but that’s only one of their crimes. Many’s the dinner party ruined by the arrival of the last guest: a helmet-clad cyclist stinking of sweat and self-righteousness – and a Liberal Democrat to boot"

You can let him have your views here.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damia ... e-careful/
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    Hopefully his 'Ratner' moment.

it's a long time coming then, you've dredged up a thread from over three years ago
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny