Front tyre suggestions

SWEETY-4x4
SWEETY-4x4 Posts: 43
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just bought a new bike but it's got maxxis aspens on & I hate them so they are being replaced asap. I've fitted a panaracer cinder 2.1 on the front for the min & like it alot but was wondering what people would suggest as a good front trye (2.1") I ride xc, road & will be starting out at a few trail centres so looking for a good all rounder & will basicly cut it for any type of weather. Have found the cinder fits the bill well but would like a bit more grip on the front when cornering. Not upto date with modern tyres as the last set of tyres I bought was in 1992 :lol: The ones i've been thinking about is poss another cinder or maxxis high roller 70a & maxxis advantage
1991 Kona Cinder Cone in Cinder Gold
www.borders4x4club.co.uk

Comments

• Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    Maxxis aspens are faaaantastic!! I've yet to try one on the front but for the rear it's one of the best tyres I've ever tried out. I tend to prefer something a little more chunky on the front, currently I've got an Advantage and I'm really enjoying it, lots and lots of grip.
  • Still got the aspen on the rear & I find it's ok but on the front I found it didn't grip well at all on very wet soil . It could be I don't weigh enough to make them grip well :roll:
    1991 Kona Cinder Cone in Cinder Gold
    www.borders4x4club.co.uk
  • barty81
    barty81 Posts: 145
    +1 maxxis advantage. 62a up front on my hardtail..brill
    Giant xtc
    Canyon nerve am 7