slime innertubes

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited April 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Anyone used any of these products for there inner tubes and if so is it worth it?

Comments

• MTB noob
    MTB noob Posts: 272
    I have used them a few times and i would highly recommend them for commuting and long-distance runs but if you are racing, then changing the tyre is better because of the weight.

If you have a new puncture resistant tyre, then you wont really need it unless you are on a thorny trail or you are going past a pub because of the glass.
    My god road cycling is scary! I'm going to keep my relaxing rides to the trails where everything is green, fast and less crazy.
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Horrible stuff doesn't work 9/10 and as messy as you can imagine, a few of my mates have used it over time and the overall opinion is crap :shock:
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • al2098
    al2098 Posts: 174
    Horrible stuff doesn't work 9/10 and as messy as you can imagine
    Totally agree. Avoid the stuff.
  • Where-as I've never had a problem with them in the past 2years/2000miles of road & off road riding. I was really supprised when I hit a rock which tore through the sidewall of my NobbyNic yet the Inner tube was scratched/grazed and is still in use today.

They are heavy and do cause an unbalanced wheel when the temperatures drop below freezing but for me I'll continue to use them until I have an issue that prooves otherwise to me
  • tbikeradar
    tbikeradar Posts: 129
    this stuff is like ectoplasm, really looks like something tried to mate with the inner tube. avoid