Giant Reign 2

chazkayak
chazkayak Posts: 193
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Does anyone know the width of the bars on a Giant Reign 2?

Im about to commit a cardinal sin and buy one without riding/seeing one. Its only costing me €100!!!

Well im not buying onim getting it as a replacement for a bike im returning to the lbs(not so local 500km!!) cause of a cracked frame.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Huh?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I think the width of the bars is the least of your worries! You can change them so its not really an issue.
    As far as the bike goes i had one and it was great...although a few years ago. For a 100 its either a right bargain or a nail!!! Have it!
  • chazkayak
    Its a bargain, my less than two year old full susser developed three cracks in the chain stays, I complained to my lawyer who went back to the LBS who then said theycoul replace the frame or I had the choice of the Reign 2 for €100 or Reign 1 for €700.....i cant afford €700 but I can €100......result= BARGAIN!!!!!
  • frazered
    frazered Posts: 333
    man that IS a bargain / result

must remember to take my suit when buying my next MTB :idea:
  • sandy771
    sandy771 Posts: 368
    Mate has one and they look (from memory) the same as my Trance in which case they are 680mm
  • chazkayak
    Longer bars need to be purchased then!!
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Take the bars off the bike you're sending back an keep them, and put some other crap ones on the old one and send it back, nobody will know...
  • chazkayak
    Have already done that, was tempted to ask to take most of the kit off, XT mechs, Magura louise brakes, Rock shox revelations, xt hubs on mavic rims, the only problem with my old bike was a shite frame. But hey two years riding and a free bike, well €100!!!