Most comfy lock on grip

markyhud
markyhud Posts: 98
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Bought some of these Clarks lock on grips and had my first blast out today. They look nice but I found them very hard with very little "cushioning".
clarksgrips.jpg

Anyone recommend some comfortable black grips with red anodised bits for a bit of bling?

Theseother ones are listed as the most popular on CRC but they look almost identical. Maybe made of a softer compound though?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=38633

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Odi Rogue
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • markyhud
    nicklouse wrote:
    Odi Rogue

Can only find black grips with black lock ons. Call me vain but I wanted red bits
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The bling red bits as you call them are often transferrable between brands. For example I'm using ODI clamps on superstar grips.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Superstar.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • markyhud
    The bling red bits as you call them are often transferrable between brands. For example I'm using ODI clamps on superstar grips.
    Cheers for that
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    I had two pairs of clarks grips, the lockrings are like cheese, grip is minimal, and they wear down really quicky + they're really hard. Bought some Superstar Supagripas (in colour of your choice) for £11. Massive difference. I'd recommend just buying new lockrings with the grip - its a hassle drilling out those tiny bolts when the head gets rounded!
  • ODI Yeti 8)
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    ODI Yeti here as well

Or ODI Rogue.

Yeti is softer than Rogue but Rogue is more hardwearing.

Besides comfort it is best grip for mountain biking. I love all mine.
  • markyhud
    Just ordered some ODI yetis from CRC. Thanks all for your help :D
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Nice grips, 3 x price of SS though
  • markyhud
    Well I looked at those superstar grips and although I have said I had just ordered I am about to click the buy button now........until I checked back in here. Talk about indecisive!! The supergrippa look a good price but dont know if they would be uncomfortable to hold with fingerless gloves and that waffle design.
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    Lizard skin Peaty lock ons.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    Nice grips, 3 x price of SS though

If you are not happy and then go out get ODIs then you will spend more money. I did that. In the end I ended up with 5 grips. Spending less is false economy a lot of times.
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 804
    Supergrippas here - can't knock em for the cash, grip or comfort
  • welsh_14
    welsh_14 Posts: 259
    widge34 wrote:
    Lizard skin Peaty lock ons.

+1 for these. Mine or grey with red lock on clamps, for that bit of bling!