Fill That Hole?!

macleod113
macleod113 Posts: 560
edited April 2012 in Commuting general
i recently downloaded the Fill that hole app and used it for the first time on monday.

a large nan bread shaped pothole 18" into the road and approx 3" deep has been a pain for a while. i took a pic and sent off the details on the app.

on wednesday the hole was there no longer.

now is this miraculous service or do you reckon its been on the councils list for a while?

i've been avoiding it for months now!

how much joy have you all had using the app/reporting holes?
Cube Cross 2016
Willier GTR 2014

Comments

• extrusion
    extrusion Posts: 247
    shoulda put a large nan bread in it ... too late now ...
  • pdw
    pdw Posts: 315
    now is this miraculous service or do you reckon its been on the councils list for a while?

Not used that app, but I've certainly had similar turnaround on some of the reports I've done.

As I understand it, the council are potentially liable for damage caused by a pot hole if they haven't kept up a reasonable inspection regime for the road, or if they've ignored an explicit report.

The ones I've reported in my corner of West Oxon have been inspected within one working day of the report, and usually fixed shortly after.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Yes, it works. I've had a few holes filled and whole stretches resurfaced following reports. Android app would be great.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Gizmo_
    Gizmo_ Posts: 558
    I'm downloading that NOW.

Some of the roads near me are shocking.
    Scott Sportster P45 2008 | Cannondale CAAD8 Tiagra 2012
  • Doesn't work that fast in Buckinghamshire......generally takes about 3 months before they pull digit out of orifice!

Never the less it's a great tool!!
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    I wish more people would use this website etc.
    I need a new back wheel because of 2 pot holes that I had not reported, but when I did they were fixed in 3 days as I said damaged was done(did not know rear rim was flatted, not repairable).
    Other pot holes take years to fix but if someone else has a problem with it thay have a chance of getting the damage paid for if already reported.