Ha ha ha ho ho ho ha haaa ha haaa ho haar haa ha hoo tee hee

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Ha ha ha ho ho ho ha haaa ha haaa ho haar haa ha hoo tee hee hooo haarrrr haa haa chortle snigger tee hee haa ha ho hum chortle guffaw tee hee ha ho hum, oh dear......... :lol:

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... hed-33743/
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    An Impec with Dura Ace Di2 and carbon rims. What's so funny?

You could always sticker over the Lambo decals.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rolf_f
    Ben6899 wrote:
    An Impec with Dura Ace Di2 and carbon rims. What's so funny?

You could always sticker over the Lambo decals.

€20,000 is pretty funny. Obviously, spec for spec comparisons are tricky but you can get (afaik) an Impec with Di2 and Cosmic SLRs for half that.

It's a lot of money to pay for something that will make everyone think you are a dimwit whether they are a cyclist or not!
  • Ben6899
    Ah. I didn't see the price. Yeh, it's a bit steep eh?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Anyone who owns and drives a Lambo (classics aside) is neither troubled by lack of cash or likely to shy away from attention.

The pricetag (which is high, but at least it's a very good bike) and what anyone thinks about them riding it won't even register as a concern. I certainly wouldn't give a monkey's if I was them.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,677
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Anyone who owns and drives a Lambo (classics aside) is neither troubled by lack of cash or likely to shy away from attention.

^^ This. The apartment building I'm living in (temporarily) has a resident who owns two black cars: one is a current model Mercedes AMG E63, and the other is a Lambo Murcielago, which sits in the car park somewhat grubby from its last outing. It appears to have moved once in a month. The Merc doesn't go out much either, probably like me the owner uses PT to get to work. There's a lovely ferry ride at the end of the street which has us in the city in 5 mins for a couple of dollars.

I'd love one of the Impecs, but probably not this one. Even the "regular" one out here would cost 15 grand built up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Monkeypump wrote:
    I worked at a large workshop that was Lamborghini UK, and others, and one of the cars that made me laugh was the guy with the Murcielago that obviously thought it didn't get enough attention. So it had chrome wheels, a straight through exhaust, neon lights under the sills and in the engine bay and the boot was filled with amplifiers.
  • Ben6899
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    I worked at a large workshop that was Lamborghini UK, and others, and one of the cars that made me laugh was the guy with the Murcielago that obviously thought it didn't get enough attention. So it had chrome wheels, a straight through exhaust, neon lights under the sills and in the engine bay and the boot was filled with amplifiers.

Only a complete helmet messes with the exhaust system of a car that was built in a Lamborghini factory.
    Ben

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    [
    one is a current model Mercedes AMG E63,

there are scallywags (who must only be about 25) driving around liverpool in a AMG C63 beast

it sounds amazing...an yeah they do drive it like its stolen
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:

Only a complete helmet messes with the exhaust system of a car that was built in a Lamborghini factory.

Not sure about that - quite a few owners use Larini exhausts (which are well respected), and there are other aftermarket systems out there (Quicksilver, Akrapovic, etc.).
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I need to get into a business where slapping a badge on something can dramatically increase the price.

Easy. Money.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    I need to get into a business where slapping a badge on something can dramatically increase the price.

Easy. Money.

SCR stickers?
  • I need to get into a business where slapping a badge on something can dramatically increase the price.

Easy. Money.

apple-logo.jpg?t=20120124190919

Oh. That ones taken.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rolf_f
    Relating this back to the vibes thread, I do think that this sort of crass opportunism can tarnish the image of the cycle manufacturer. In my book, Colnagos cynical tie in with Ferrari has certainly badly tarnished the image of Colnago - Colnago simply shouldn't need that sort of link; it smacks of desparation. I can understand the BMC-Lamborghini thing a bit more even if that is still a bit of a tacky idea.
  • rick_chasey
    Rapha do it well.

They make some good quality cycling products, jerseys, shorts, and must make a FORTUNE off the other crap, by piggybacking on the jerseys. £50 silk buffs, rapha coffee machines, etc etc.
  • Wheelspinner
    Rolf F wrote:
    Relating this back to the vibes thread, I do think that this sort of crass opportunism can tarnish the image of the cycle manufacturer. In my book, Colnagos cynical tie in with Ferrari has certainly badly tarnished the image of Colnago - Colnago simply shouldn't need that sort of link; it smacks of desparation. I can understand the BMC-Lamborghini thing a bit more even if that is still a bit of a tacky idea.

I thought that collaboration was done to improve Ferrari's image, not the other way around?? :D

Lambo have form though, with those dreadful laptops from Asus (?). The ones that really get up my nose are the fragrance companies. Hummer After Shave anyone?

You're right, any sort of brand association is rarely a good thing. With the possible exception of Bentley and Breitling.
  • rolf_f
    You're right, any sort of brand association is rarely a good thing. With the possible exception of Bentley and Breitling.

Errrr, maybe! Do you know what you find if you take the dial off the Breitling clock in a Bentley?
    What you find is the same £5 piece of plastic and electronics that you get in a Volkswagen Passatt dash clock. Not at all cynical that one!
  • Wheelspinner
    Rolf F wrote:
    Errrr, maybe! Do you know what you find if you take the dial off the Breitling clock in a Bentley?
    What you find is the same £5 piece of plastic and electronics that you get in a Volkswagen Passatt dash clock. Not at all cynical that one!

The funny part is more that the 100 thousand pound car has a 5 quid clock in the first place, whether it has a fancy brand name on it or not. But I think the brands are a good fit; both aiming for that rich-but-faintly-brash-taste lot..
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    I wear a chronomat, just sayin.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Rapha do it well.

They make some good quality cycling products, jerseys, shorts, and must make a FORTUNE off the other crap, by piggybacking on the jerseys. £50 silk buffs, rapha coffee machines, etc etc.

How much was that Rapha bag you had at the pub the other night? :wink:
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • rick_chasey
    Rapha do it well.

How much was that Rapha bag you had at the pub the other night? :wink:

Birthday present innit ;).