Bike with Identity Crisis?

jonnyboy77
jonnyboy77 Posts: 547
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Aq1luy5CEAECk-p.jpg

Full suspension, Electric, Hybrid Tyres ... ?

Aq1lxZcCIAA67Po.jpg

As seen in the window at 50Bikes in Richmond this morning.

Seemed like an odd choice of options to add to a bike?

- Jon
Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url

Comments

• aeon
    aeon Posts: 167
    maybe it's for the commuting MTBer who really, really hates going uphill?
    FCN 10 - Crosstrail
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    And doesn't need any water bottles?
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    lardasses that don't want to stand for potholes, or pedal period.

your car has suspension, why not your commuter bike.
    FCN 12
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    neiltb wrote:
    your car has suspension, why not your commuter bike.

Because they add extra weight and are unneccessary on the road?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,357
    D'you think someone built it up for a dare? Or is it an experiment to see just how daft shoppers in Richmond are?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • jonnyboy77
    Looking at the prices on their website for leccy bikes, you have to be mad to want whatever bike they'll sell you!
    Kalkhoff Agattu 3-speed Electric Bike £1395.00 Was £1495. All the power, comfort and quality you would expect from Kalkhoff at a very tempting price of £1395

What ....
    Commuting between Twickenham <---> Barbican on my trusty Ridgeback Hybrid - url=http://strava.com/athletes/125938/badge]strava[/url
  • jonnyboy77 wrote:
    Looking at the prices on their website for leccy bikes, you have to be mad to want whatever bike they'll sell you!
    Kalkhoff Agattu 3-speed Electric Bike £1395.00 Was £1495. All the power, comfort and quality you would expect from Kalkhoff at a very tempting price of £1395

What ....

I just took a look at the Kalkhoff Agattu, apparently it weighs 28.5 Kg. I reckon you could spend half as much on something one third the weight and most people wouldn't need the electric assistance then.
  • jonnyboy77
    I just took a look at the Kalkhoff Agattu, apparently it weighs 28.5 Kg. I reckon you could spend half as much on something one third the weight and most people wouldn't need the electric assistance then.

Round here (Richmond) I can see no sense or reason in riding an electric bike, it's largely flat as a pancake and the hills are short/gentle at worst. Factor in the weight and cost too ... madness.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    jonnyboy77 wrote:

Round here (Richmond) I can see no sense or reason in riding an electric bike, it's largely flat as a pancake and the hills are short/gentle at worst. Factor in the weight and cost too ... madness.
    You've obviously not ventured up Col de Sawyers Hill then my friend. I often feel the need for some electric assistance when faced with that daunting challenge.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.