If you could live anywhere in the UK...

2»

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,654
    Frankly, if you make it to a north Wales trail centre alive, you deserve a medal.
    Yeah, I heard the natives could be a bit dangerous as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Frankly, if you make it to a north Wales trail centre alive, you deserve a medal.
    Yeah, I heard the natives could be a bit dangerous as well.
    Just take beads and shiny things to trade.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Beads? Oh come on. Fire, or some umbrellas.
    Shiny things though, now we're talking.
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    njee20 wrote:
    More or less where I live to be honest, about 15 miles north, smack in the middle of the Surrey Hills, hundreds of miles of excellent singletrack, decent road riding and not in the middle of nowhere!

Sounds nice, but I'd want a bigger house ;)
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    North wales for me. Lived there for 18 months recently. I was 8miles away from the closest town and worked in some beautiful little villages. The way of life there was so different to what I was used to and I regret moving back to the rodent race.

North west england? Dim diolch. Or something like that.
    Papa? Nicole
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    welshkev wrote:
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Wales,

No midges like scotland, and less snow! and not England because it's dull with horrible places like London and Brum :P

You make it sound like there is nowhere dull in Wales or Scotland......and that you've discounted England because of BHam and London... :shock:

and what's wrong with that? :wink::lol:

Yarp personally thought it was totally reasonable :P

Plus Scotland is colder and i'm 6foot2 weighing in wet at 10stone4 so I feel it he he I nope don't need more pie had 2 this week so far :P
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Wales,

No midges like scotland, and less snow! and not England because it's dull with horrible places like London and Brum :P

You say this, whilst living in Newport? :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,654
    Wales,

:lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Where I live, its as flat and boring as last weeks beer but I am near to 2 major cities, 2 international airports and an hours drive from N Wales, The Pennines, The Lakes, The Dales and The Peak District, if I am a bit happy with the throttle pedal I can be in 7 Stanes country in 2 hours.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Wales,

:lol:

Yup with in 10 minutes of Cwm Carn and loads of natural trails and DH, door step to the valley's man.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    I'd buy a camper and live in it.
    Shove the bikes on the back and then go wher ever i felt like riding.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • NJG01
    NJG01 Posts: 13
    Scottish Highlands, Fort William area. Fantastic riding i bet, havent ridden there but theres plenty of moors and hills and brilliant whitewater paddling.