ST Butcher with Fox 36 Talas

kodo28
kodo28 Posts: 13
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

I just order my new 2012 butcher and I would like to know if the fork ,

FOX 36 TALAS 160 FIT RLC Kashima Coat with Steerer 1.5 Tapered will fit on ?? :roll:

Thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yes, with the right headset.
  • kodo28
    Hello Supersonic

Thank you for your Supersonic answer ;))

Do you have any idea which headset should i get for it
  • kodo28
    Thanks Supersonic
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i got a sc butcher but mines lastyears model i to run 36 talas rc2 on mine but mine are 1/18 with a reducer crownrace on them..
    i got a canecreek headset on mine. canecreek 110 tapered...
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    + 1 for a cane creek - I would probably go for a 40 series on that frame.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Having ridden the butcher i would follow sheeps advice, it' doesnt need the funny playing around at the front, enjoy the super solidness of the FSA headset, and forget to muhc regular servicing.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    delcol wrote:
    i got a sc butcher but mines lastyears model i to run 36 talas rc2 on mine but mine are 1/18 with a reducer crownrace on them..
    i got a canecreek headset on mine. canecreek 110 tapered...

How do you like your SC Butcher? How does it climb?
  • kodo28
    edited April 2012
    Just ordered the Cane 110 Fit Taper also... :wink:
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    good choice....

i love the butcher it climbs fine i got my butcher to replce my heckler which i sold at the end of 2010..
    i had set my heart on a ibis mojo hd but a sudden change in my circumstances (redundancy) ment i could not justify the cost of one.
    so i got the butcher instead.. my butcher is set up for big terrain ie whistler fox 36 talas rc2 a elka stage 5 coil shock am running it with a 2x10...
    it truly is alround bike.. we did a float plane trip into the chilcotins (bc) last year and the butcher was in it's element there the single track was fantastic...
    even used it in the bikepark..
    i dont have any pics to hand but i do have some vid fottage of the bike if you click on my sig at the bottom...
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    delcol wrote:
    good choice....

i love the butcher it climbs fine i got my butcher to replce my heckler which i sold at the end of 2010..
    i had set my heart on a ibis mojo hd but a sudden change in my circumstances (redundancy) ment i could not justify the cost of one.
    so i got the butcher instead.. my butcher is set up for big terrain ie whistler fox 36 talas rc2 a elka stage 5 coil shock am running it with a 2x10...
    it truly is alround bike.. we did a float plane trip into the chilcotins (bc) last year and the butcher was in it's element there the single track was fantastic...
    even used it in the bikepark..
    i dont have any pics to hand but i do have some vid fottage of the bike if you click on my sig at the bottom...

Great sounds lovely. The reason I asked is because I've started a tread asking for advice and generally they are not very keen on the Santa Cruz but in Favour of Giant Reign X so my mind has been swayed a bit.

Thank you for the feedback.
  • I run my 2011 Butcher with 36 van rc2s and it too replace my Heckler you won't regret getting one