olympic road race closures

velohutts
velohutts Posts: 288
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Does anyone know when the road closure's will commence for the road race route?

Living miles away I am hoping to get up to watch a section of the race and ride the route a day or 2 before , not the 9 laps though !!!

Will it all be rideable a couple of days before or are they closing any other bits early?

Thanks in anticipation.......
Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Closes early in the morning of the event afaik.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Does anyone have a map/route of the road race?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Does anyone have a map/route of the road race?

http://tinyurl.com/d29ks3f
  • There are to be some closures ahead of the races but I think there are events planned. I know at least one of the local youth setups was trying to get some time to stage a race on there.
  • DonDaddyD
    edited April 2012
    Rick, you NARK!

Would it not have been easier and more friendly - you are a Mod after all - to simply post this?

http://www.london2012.com/documents/ven ... -route.pdf

Nark.

Anyway, the Nark aside, I thought the road race was going through Wimbledon. :cry:

Still close enough for me to jump in the car and drive to....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rick_chasey
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Rick, you NARK!

Would it not have been easier and more friendly - you are a Mod after all - to simply post this?

Nark.

Would it not have been easier to have googled it yourself? ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVaPb2n ... page#t=10s
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Rick, you NARK!

Nark.

Would it not have been easier to have googled it yourself? ;).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOVaPb2n ... page#t=10s
    By that logic then that would be true of nearly every question ever posted on this forum.

Mechanical advice, ask google. Buying advice, ask google. Crashed your bike and don't know what to do, ask google.

You ask here because there are thousands of websites to choose from and hopefully someone here can provide a link having already waded through the rubbish.

Nark.
    Food Chain number = 4

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Can someone edit closure's in the title please before it does my head in?

Saw a Car Sales place yesterday - "£99 deposit buy's this car". Gaah. Sales boy didn't understand what the problem was.
  • DonDaddyD
    Technically a deposit wouldn't buy the car, not outright in any case..

Pay a £99 deposit and you can drive the car home, today, perhaps. Further monthly deposits over a fixed period actually buys this car outright.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,333
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Pay a £99 deposit and you can drive the car home, today, perhaps. Further monthly deposits over a fixed period actually buys this car outright.

Whoosh!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Whoosh!
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The point: buys this car...

Double Whoosh!!
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    Also, for the record DDD, I'm not a Nark, since I don't report to the authority...

I AM the authority now :twisted:
  • DonDaddyD
    Also, for the record DDD, I'm not a Nark, since I don't report to the authority...

Internet-forum-moderator.jpg

And even then you were too afraid to admit that you were one. We had to out you.

Nark.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    Not sure you understand.

I was made mod a while ago.

I got made admin on Monday.

But anyway. Have your fun.

(did you google that picture? or did you ask for it on another forum! ;))
  • tailwindhome
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Whoosh!
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    The point: buys this car...

Double Whoosh!!

Just no.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:

If the sale price was £99, then the £99 deposit would buy the car

simple's
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Anyone know how to get the tickets that allow you onto the Box Hill section?
  • DonDaddyD
    If the sale price was £99 and you paid £99 you wouldn't be leaving or paying a deposit. You would have in fact paid for the car.

Paying a deposit implies that you have paid less than the listed sale price but enough to secure the item from being purchased by anyone else.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rick_chasey
    phy2sll2 wrote:
    Anyone know how to get the tickets that allow you onto the Box Hill section?

You missed out a while ago.

They were part of the olympic tickets sale that everyone since has been whining about.
  • phy2sll2
    Ah, cr*p.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Really? I didn't realise they'd even officially announced that it would be paid paid tickets - just rumours based on circulars delivered to local residents. I thought these were still up for grabs, unless I have missed something big style?
  • rick_chasey
    *shrugs*.

Maybe I'm wrong then.
  • phy2sll2
    BigMat wrote:
    Really? I didn't realise they'd even officially announced that it would be paid paid tickets - just rumours based on circulars delivered to local residents. I thought these were still up for grabs, unless I have missed something big style?

Come to think of it - I think that's where I was up to. Rick, are you just spreading rumours to make us panic?!
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    thanks for the updates, wasn't just my ineptness at google re box hill tickets !! couldn't find them anywhere other than articles saying going out in april.

Will have a go at the route and work round anything in the way !

cheers.
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • cyclingprop
    What happened to the pedants thread?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,770
    Should that have an apostrophe after the s as the thread belongs to pedants?
  • rick_chasey
    Try the "discuss the website" section.
  • tailwindhome
  • cyclingprop
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Should that have an apostrophe after the s as the thread belongs to pedants?

No it was a thread discussing disgust at many pedants, rather than solely contributed to and read by pedants.