One Month

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
One month today since my last bike ride (and the day I broke my wrist).

Surgeon says ideally i should allow a further 2 months before cycling on the road.

I never missed a training day all autumn and winter when it felt like I was the only one out (except you lot) and was in really good form by March.

And the week before my off I'd bought all my new spring / summer kit, which is now sitting unused looking gorgeous and shiny and tempting...

I am really jealous of you all!!! Actually am feeling really fed up... Arm hurts. Really miss being out :-(

End of self-pitiful post!

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    well if it makes you feel any better I've got aids and massive haemorrhoids. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Don't be melodramatic Cleat, your 'aids' are slippers, beer, zimmer frames, stair lifts and yossies woman.
    Oh, and I know a good place to get quality incontinence pads at a knock down price so you can stop bleeding the NHS dry. Time you actually went out on yer bike - over 4000 posts! Soon you'll be telling me accessing bikeradar is easy as you have you got one of those Carbon Garmin Type 50,000 turbocharged XXXP STI UT hollowtech with internet access and a wide screen, keyboard and life support machine connected by modem to your GP's surgery?.
    Right now I am off to see Barca thrash Chelsea. It kicked off 5 mins ago, so I guess they are 4-0 up by now and when I get back I want a decent defence of your pitifull existence/actions/lack of sympathy. Use the space below.
    Oh and a another thing - your the big bloke around here (or so they say), so bloody well take control of that Bhima thread - those girls are chucking their handbags about something rotten.
    10 mins into the game, Barca should be 6-0 up surely...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I had aids once and I don't want it again.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    You`ll be fine,keep up with some aerobic exercise in the meantime and think how that horrible weather you are missing isnt doing yer shiny new kit in.Soon be spring again.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    And if anyone is allowed to sample the delicious Victoria apart from me, its Cleat. The rest of you can bugger orf and look at pictures of her on the internet.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Secteur wrote:
    One month today since my last bike ride (and the day I broke my wrist).

Surgeon says ideally i should allow a further 2 months before cycling on the road.

I never missed a training day all autumn and winter when it felt like I was the only one out (except you lot) and was in really good form by March.

And the week before my off I'd bought all my new spring / summer kit, which is now sitting unused looking gorgeous and shiny and tempting...

I am really jealous of you all!!! Actually am feeling really fed up... Arm hurts. Really miss being out :-(

End of self-pitiful post!

Thanks for that little glimpse into my immediate impending future, I'm up for Hip resurfacing a week tomorra and expect to be probably six week at best before I drag me leg over a top tube. :( Still there's folks a lot worse off so I'll take me self pity somewhere else. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Frank - we can wallow in our self pity together.

I have put on 3kg in 1 month. Some pro cyclists don't even weigh that much.