Exotic seatpost

welsh_14
welsh_14 Posts: 259
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Anyone know much about this seatpost? Thinking of getting a new post in the near future (once my house move is done and furniture buying stops!) and it looks amazing value for money. But is it strong enough etc for general trail/XC riding? Also will it take out some trail vibrations if its fitted to a hardtail?

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?p=797&

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    No, but the first observation is that it's not particularly long. Are you happy that you'll have enough post in the frame? (I can see they do a longer 350mm version but even that's not long for some frames)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • welsh_14
    Not sure to be honest, I guess measuring how much of my current post I have sticking out will tell me. TBH never replaced a seatpost before so havent thought about the length I would need. I assumed they would all be similar lengths!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I have this post is 31.6mm flavour, it does flex a little and takes out buzz. The 27.2 will do this even better.

Great post.
  • welsh_14
    Thanks SS. It was when I saw the price of their stuff I started to wonder a) if it was a fake site etc or b) it was really poor quality!
    As I've never weighed a seatpost is the weight of this one pretty light?
  • supersonic
    Very light! Compare to a Thomson Elits 27.2 x 330 which is 241g. This is 159g is 300mm, or 176g in 350mm.
  • jacob2910
    jacob2910 Posts: 218
    i have the 27.2 350 and it takes all the buzz out of the road and makes for a smoother ride . i would go for a longer version as you have to put lots of the seatpost into the frame
  • welsh_14
    Cheers guys, i currently have an FSA post on at the minute (think the SL-280 off top of my head) so should be a massive saving! Will need to check length I currently have sticking out of frame to make sure it isnt to short. Fingers crossed it isnt!!
    But now that I've looked at the site I want lots of new carbon fibre bits....
  • dry664
    dry664 Posts: 155
    Ive been thinking of buying one of these but would it be able to take my hefty 14 stone for xc/trail riding?
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    They don't do a 30.9mm size :(
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • supersonic
    dry664 wrote:
    Ive been thinking of buying one of these but would it be able to take my hefty 14 stone for xc/trail riding?

I'm 13.5 stone kitted out - not a problem with mine in nearly two years!
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    OK, forgive me for invaiding here (I'm a roadie) but I too have one of these seatposts - 27.2mm X 350. Graphics look a little naff to me but so far I can't fault the performance. Had mine a few years now (on my winter bike) so got a fair few thousand miles on it - it did me well when I was 16 1/2st and still doing me nicely a stone and a half later - well worth the dosh! :)
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Being a roadie, the most abuse it will have had is a fart.