Direct Mount Chain Device

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Anybody know where you can get a direct mount chain device other than the MRP 1.X? I don't really want to pay £40 again, as the original BB mount one I had degraded and fell apart after a few months.

It would be fitted to a Whippet frame, so it looks like seat tube mounted units are out.
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Superstar components?
  • spongtastic
    styxd wrote:
    Superstar components?

Nope. Already have an XCR, but they can't be used with pressfit BB's, plus the direct mount fitting means the seat tuvbe version won't fit.

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what do you mean by direct mount?

they all are.

How and what will you be using to mount it? ISCG, ISCG 05, BB mount or some other wonderfull idea.
    and what are you wanting it to do. top, botton chain controll or.....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • spongtastic
    nicklouse wrote:
    what do you mean by direct mount?

they all are.

How and what will you be using to mount it? ISCG, ISCG 05, BB mount or some other wonderfull idea.
    and what are you wanting it to do. top, botton chain controll or.....

It will be mounted on the front mech direct mount plate on an on one whippet frame, all it will be there for is to stop the chain coming of same as the MRP 1.X, XCR etc. I could buy a direct mount front mech and then adjust the stops but want something neater.

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    you have few options tbh, e-13 make one, but its about £90, which is crazy as somehow its double the bb mount one, and thats about it really. could always make a butchered one out of superstar guide and some kind of franken mount :lol:
  • spongtastic
    lawman wrote:
    you have few options tbh, e-13 make one, but its about £90, which is crazy as somehow its double the bb mount one, and thats about it really. could always make a butchered one out of superstar guide and some kind of franken mount :lol:

I'm seriously considering the frankenmount option, I can get Al parts made up but it's a faff and takes time.