Bianchi Via Nirone 7..... New Wheels Update...

davehmercer
davehmercer Posts: 82
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
Although I have had this bike for nearly a year it is my 1st road bike and I have to say I am really happy with it.

It is a 2010 model 57cm Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Sora Groupset).

I have upgraded the saddle to a Fizik Arione and just today have fitted a set of Planet X compact carbon bars and black griptape rather than the white tape the bike came with (it was a nightmare to keep clean) also I changed the stem to a shorter Ritchey. I have plans to change the wheels next month and was thinking of a pair of Fulcrum Racing 5 unless anyone can advise me otherwise?

It really it a pleasure to ride, just could do with being a tad lighter! :D

Please excuse the poor photo but I had to use my phone as its raining!

7090102647_e9df4c3e92.jpg
:D

Comments

• ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    nice bianchi, i just bought some mavic aksium wheels, very nice.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • blackstick
    blackstick Posts: 151
    Apart from a different pedal and seat , we have the same bike !
    Helo my Bianchi twin !!
  • Thanks guys.

@blackstick - Great bike isn't it?
  • blackstick
    Quick and quite light as well . Mine measured 9.38kg with some light clamps . But a 53cm .
    How bout yours ?
    Just that the thumb shift needs a long long long thumb to shift on a racing posture .
  • Not weighed mine to be honest but will do soon, mines a 57cm so probably a bit heavier?

Definitely no chance of thumb shifting in the drops.
  • carbon337
    carbon337 Posts: 414
    Ive got the same year but the alu carbon model.

Added Ultegra groupset excluding crankset and Mavic Ksyrium elites with gp4000s but its still 19.1 lbs. Apparently the frames are really really heavy as too is the fork.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Pop some Planet X carbon 50s on there with Tufo tubs - nice and light, strong, roll well, not too bad on the wallet - save a ton (metric) in weight on the wheels and tyres and, as we all know, rotational weight is worth two times non rotational.

The colours on teh P/X wheels would also suit the (very nice indeed by the way) Bianchi down to a "T" I'd say.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    ianbar wrote:
    nice bianchi, i just bought some mavic aksium wheels, very nice.

+1
  • blackstick
    Not weighed mine to be honest but will do soon, mines a 57cm so probably a bit heavier?

Definitely no chance of thumb shifting in the drops.

Yea , could be .
    But I still can do thumb shift on drops , just need to shift ma' ankle a bit .

Found out today that we should not use UHU Glue on your bike .
    I stick some papers on my own bike with them and they made wrinkles on the paint . Whoooppssss .
    :P
    Do tell me the weight thou ~
  • Ian560
    Ian560 Posts: 15
    I just sold my Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Tiagra. It was my first road bike and i loved it. I upgraded to a CAAD10 Rival now that im racing. That bike is awesome for any use besides racing. The frame weighs a half ton and the wheels it comes with might as well be called anchors. IF you race, I would upgrade other wise it is a great bike.

Bianchi decided to put looks first and performance at a close 2nd for their via nirone 7. The looks are incredible but Performance is only that, 2nd rate.
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Tiagra
    Felt Brougham 3spd
    MTB Specilized Enduro
  • ara3791
    ara3791 Posts: 378
    Picking up a second hand Via Narone 7 Sora tonight as my second road bike. A great looking bike!!! IMO
  • Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    Loved mine too. First proper road bike. Great memories from the last few years cycling in some of the most fantastic countryside in the Dordogne...oh and an ice cold beer at the end of along ride was always welcome :D .. nb the shoes in the tent aren't mine...honest!

Picture716-1.jpg

Picture2893.jpg
  • Seeing as it was my birthday Thursday I trested myself to some new wheels.

After much debating I went for the Mavic Ksryium Equipe (also got a good deal at my LBS) :D

I have only rode with them once and that was this mornings commute (14miles) and I am really happy with them. They spin up much better than the standard wheels and I'm not sure if its psychological but I'm sure I felt quicker up the two climbs this morning? :D Will have to check Strava when I get in tonight!

7319406586_e456d78f00_z.jpg