Anybody take advantage of CRC's hiccup last night?

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited April 2012 in MTB general
For about an hour last night, everything was discounted by 20% at the checkout. CRC soon realised their mistake and fixed it (who said they were slow eh?) I ordered a few odds and sods but I imagine some people filled their boots.

Anyone bag a bargain and what chance the orders will be honoured :?

Comments

• 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Damn wish I'd seen that just ordered saint mech and shifter!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    I believe that companies don't actually have to honour the prices they quote online so orders could well be rejected. Look at all the misprices that happen (e.g. £50 iPads at Tesco etc) and never fulfilled
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    I understand that the online prices are a simply offer and are no guarantee of acceptance even if payment has been acknowledged.

My order shows 'processing' (nothing unusual there :)) it will be interesting to see if CRC accept it.
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    I actually ordered a hat and when I got to the checkout it said I had input a discount code and had some money off. Just assumed it was an intentional offer I skipped over.

Had I realised it was a error I would of ordered more than a damn hat!

Ah well. First order with CRC also haha.

EDIT: It was despatched earlier today. Maybe if it was a £5000 bike they might of kicked up a fuss but for a £20 hat they probably thought ahh sod it haha.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Knowing CRC they'll just ship whatever was ordered.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lummox
    lummox Posts: 43
    Well my reverb is still processing.

fingers crossed although i have noticed that even though it was a 2012 ordered and i have a screen print of the order, when i now click on it the page it brings up is a 2011 model. Curious