Megavalanche doctors note?

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Morning :D

I had a (rare!) Doctors appointment this morning and asked him about a note for the Megavalanche stating that i'm fit to race. He's happy to do this, although possibly rather annoyed / amused after I was complaining about a bad back, but i'm not certain what it needs to say!

Will a note to 'Whom it may concern, I certify that Miss Notax is fit and healthy enough to take part in a bike race' be sufficient? Or should it be addressed to anyone in particular?

I can't find any intelligent information on this!!

Cheers :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• Check the megavalanche website, it would be there if it mattered too much. If nothing stated, then a standard to whom it may concern.... bla bla bla note should suffice!
  • Hob Nob
    Hob Nob Posts: 200
    Yes, that should suffice. Some people we went with last year had one letter to that effect between 5 of them, and just used a PDF editer to change the name!

Unless you already have BC race licence, then you don't need a letter.
  • miss notax
    Nope, can't find anything official about the note having to say anything special :?

All a bit vague really!!

ETA - thanks! Hopefully whatever my GP comes up with will be ok then!! :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    The Megavalanche website is absolutely terrible! I wouldn't rely on it for anything!

I've been emailing them with questions and they're normally pretty helpful (if a little slow to respond sometimes).

I'd email and ask exactly what they require (And take a copy of their reply with you) - It'd be too crap to not be able to ride when you got there because of something like that :(

..and don't forget - the French love their red-tape. Why have one form and one person to deal with when you can have ten! :?
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • miss notax
    Well, I have been in touch with Summitdown (we are staying with them for the Megavalanche week) and apparently a generic letter is fine. I think the gist of it is that as long as it looks official (on headed paper), has your name on it, and says that you are fit to race then that's enough!

Mine will probably say that i'm far too old and knackered to be considering such activities :lol::lol:

• felix.london
    miss notax wrote:
    Well, I have been in touch with Summitdown (we are staying with them for the Megavalanche week) and apparently a generic letter is fine. I think the gist of it is that as long as it looks official (on headed paper), has your name on it, and says that you are fit to race then that's enough!

Mine will probably say that i'm far too old and knackered to be considering such activities :lol::lol:

:lol: hahaha - mine too. Might have to forge one :wink:

Trek Session 8
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Here you go :D

I do hereby certify that the said Mrs Notax is fit, actualy very fit, even for me and I would have no hesitations in wreck o mending her to participate in your said event the Megahava lunch. She will eat well. Plus out ride those frenchies for what they are....frenchies
    Yours sincerly;
    Doc Holiday.
    Don't think, BE:
  • miss notax
    Perfect :lol:

• chazkayak
    chazkayak Posts: 193
    Hobnob, who did you go with last year.........a group of us did the PDF thing for the docs letter!!!!!

Miss Notax, its just an arse covering exercise. Are they really going to phone your doc and check the validity of a letter, that would probably contravene medical in confidence!!
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    Sometihng along the lines of:

"This individual has no acute or chronic health condition that would negatively affect his/her ability to ride a bike, maintain control of a bike or be at high altitude. He/she appears to be in good health and have a level of fitness that would allow him/her to enter a competition. As such, no specific special health or medical considerations are required for him/her to compete....."

So long as it jams in there that you are in good health and dont have any nasty underlying medical conditions they'll be relatively satified. And on headed paper, with docs name printed and signed.
  • felix.london
    Tom Barton wrote:
    Sometihng along the lines of:

"This individual has no acute or chronic health condition that would negatively affect his/her ability to ride a bike, maintain control of a bike or be at high altitude. He/she appears to be in good health and have a level of fitness that would allow him/her to enter a competition. As such, no specific special health or medical considerations are required for him/her to compete....."

So long as it jams in there that you are in good health and dont have any nasty underlying medical conditions they'll be relatively satified. And on headed paper, with docs name printed and signed.

Sounds good

*printing out a copy on fake headed paper*

Trek Session 8