</salute>
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Did he get a payout for that?
    exercise.png
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Is that a recent picture?

I'm pretty sure you can barely see them now.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Is that a recent picture?

I'm pretty sure you can barely see them now.

Taken at Amstel Gold apparently.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Looks like a Bianchi bike
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Jaysus.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    ouch. the cost of being a pro rider :x
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    No settlement from Euro Media so he is taking them to court. Suffers from back pain, insomnia and mood swings as a result (not sure how). Either way, I hope these pricks get smoked.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hoogerl ... 2011-crash
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    No settlement from Euro Media so he is taking them to court. Suffers from back pain, insomnia and mood swings as a result (not sure how). Either way, I hope these pricks get smoked.

WTF? How can they not settle? Jesus. I hope the Judge takes them dry up the arse TBH.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,550
    Disgusting.

Does anyone know which publications they print or programmes they produce?

I assume it's not the UK based company that publishes magazines for nurses, doctors etc.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588

WTF? How can they not settle? Jesus. I hope the Judge takes them dry up the ars* TBH.

Well, it's not like there were millions of witnesses to it on live TV or anything is there? Oh, wait a minute.....

Those scars make my set of chainring teeth in my calf look lightweight!
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,934
    That really stinks - it's surely cut and dried reckless driving, and you'd think they'd offer a settlement rather than going to court.
    It also stinks that ASO aren't interested - presumably looking after where the cash comes from, not where some of it goes.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    In case you were wondering what they were like:

ONEV8729-Edit.jpg

Are you sure you have not mixed him up with this fella from 300? :lol:
    the-uber-immortal.jpg
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I would imagine there's no dispute on liability so it will be a question of how much he gets? If I'm wrong then Euro Media are getting some pretty bad advice from somewhere.
  • Rule74Please
    Rule74Please Posts: 307
    When he fattens up a bit they will reduce quite a bit. Pro legs always look horrible close up.

Cant find the pic but there used to be a good one of Sean Yates legs that looked like they were covered in spider webs. Turns out they were his veins.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Johnny+Hoogerland+Le+Tour+de+France+2011+Stage+IEwNBFIaEYvl.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Going back to FF's "not sure how", I can easily believe it, having been unfortunate to have been taken out by a car 7 months ago.

The insomnia could easily be pain from his body waking him up rather than "the worry" of it, mood swings if you're not getting enough zzzz's each night - very probable.

I wouldn't like to be a world tour pro with a mucked up back from a horrific car crash - I imagine his life is one long session of pain, it would make me moody and not sleep well.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Just doesn't seem possible that Euro Media nor the ASO can take responsibility. Presumably they reckon it was JAF's fault as he was the one who hit him and is therefore a racing incident! Can't believe what various legal brains must be advising these organisations
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Ditto.

How on earth can they refuse responsibility?