Scott Speedster S20 2010 - how much?

met
met Posts: 24
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Hi,

I have foolishly signed up to do the London triathlon (to raise money for charity) and i have a lot of training to do!

I had a budget of £500 but i have105 envy :roll: as my husband has a nice cannondale with 15 set up.

I have seen a Scott Speedster S20 2010 model advertised but as its a 2010 model I have no idea how much I should py for it? Any ideas?

Thanks

p.s. if anyone knows where i can get a scott s20 or trek 2.3 type for less than a grand please let me know!! :D

Comments

• chiv30
    chiv30 Posts: 49
    I have just purchased the very same bike , and tbh I paid 400 which I thought was a bargain especially with shoes and pedals thrown in .
    only thing I'd say from my experience is make sure it does have the 50/34 compact as mine seems to have either been modified or when purchased by the previous owner they requested a 53/39 compact :/

oh and btw the 2010 is fitted with ultegra rear mech .... bonus I guess :)
  • Norris-wf
    Norris-wf Posts: 33
    While I'm not exactly sure about the s20, I purchased the s50 2010 model in January of last year for £450. It was new from my LBS but it might give you an indication of where the s20 is placed. I love my one and it is a cracking bike, I've changed the groupset on it now so it's probably similar to what you are looking at. The previous price mentioned above sounds like a great deal, I would have thought it is even worth a bit more.
    Good luck with your search and enjoy the bike.