A milestone achieved and rewarded.

p9uma
p9uma Posts: 565
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Today I reached my target weight and have lost 21.5 lbs I think that's nearly 10kg in new money. I started on the 10th January and this morning was half a pound under my goal. Hurrah says I.

So, I went out today to my LBS and bought a new bike, I dont know why I just thought I deserved it. A nice shiny new Trek Madone 3.5.

I know I know is not ground breaking news, but I'm chuffed with the bike and the weight loss. Just thought I'd share, carry on.
Trek Madone 3.5
Whyte Coniston
1970 Dawes Kingpin

Comments

• Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    Congratulations on both the weight loss and new bike. I bet you are made up with both.

The Trek Madone 3.5 is a fantastic looking bike. I am looking at the 3.1 myself, maybe I will treat myself when i lose another 14lbs.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    :-)
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Well done you! :)

I lost 2 stone so the wife took up baking. Cowbag :x
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • BobScarle
    BobScarle Posts: 282
    What do you mean, it's not ground breaking news? I think it's great. Well done you! I am trying to shed a few pounds, well quite a lot really, so I know that any success is hard won and needs to be celebrated.

Enjoy your new bike. Quite a reward that!

Bob
  • humpyg
    humpyg Posts: 50
    Well done on the achievement, nice reward :D
    I too am trying to lose 21lbs, but my target is the end of May and I'm half-way through now. Almost every week is becoming easier on the bike, and seeing the improvements is brilliant, and it keeps pushing you on. There's no way I can get a new bike... well perhaps next year!
  • p9uma
    Ringo 68 wrote:
    Congratulations on both the weight loss and new bike. I bet you are made up with both.

The Trek Madone 3.5 is a fantastic looking bike. I am looking at the 3.1 myself, maybe I will treat myself when i lose another 14lbs.

Thanks Ringo, (you were the best drummer in the Beatles)

I agree the 3.5 is lovely looking, I have just done a quick ten mile up a killer hill near me and it seemed to go up by itself. That is probably Beau Larcs, but it's a very smooth ride and seem to be changing gear less, maybe I'm fitter maybe it's the bike, I dunno, we'll see what I do my first 50 miler on it.

My wife bought the 3.1 WSP last week, (she too has lost 18 lb), that too a fantastic looking bike and superb value for money. Get it. Do it now. BTW we had a hell of a job finding one the right size for her, in the end we found it by accident In the LBS!
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    prawny wrote:
    Well done you! :)

I lost 2 stone so the wife took up baking. Cowbag :x

That made me laugh out loud that did. Oh and thank you and well done yerself.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    BobScarle wrote:
    What do you mean, it's not ground breaking news? I think it's great. Well done you! I am trying to shed a few pounds, well quite a lot really, so I know that any success is hard won and needs to be celebrated.

Enjoy your new bike. Quite a reward that!

Bob

Thanks Bob. Keep at it it won't take long if you keep riding and watch the calories. Calories in calories out that's all you have to do.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    humpyg wrote:
    Well done on the achievement, nice reward :D
    I too am trying to lose 21lbs, but my target is the end of May and I'm half-way through now. Almost every week is becoming easier on the bike, and seeing the improvements is brilliant, and it keeps pushing you on. There's no way I can get a new bike... well perhaps next year!

Good luck to you and keep at it, the end of May ain't far now, it's very rewarding losing weight and getting fit, especially if you are a 54 year old couch spud like me, and I ain't a sports man either, not keen on team sports of any kind, but I do marvel at individuals who achieve great feats, that's why I like cycling, you are out on your own with just your own goals to reach.

The Tesco Credit card with 15 months interest free credit is your friend. But go easy with it, set your bike budget and stick to it, use the card, take the bike home, cut up the card, ride the bike get fit and pay of the loan in 15 months and close the account. Be as disciplined with the loan as your with losing weight. I also get extra club card point and I got a small but significant discount by was of extra gear buying the bike today. Please don't do this if you can't afford the payments for gawds sake.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Well done, shows great determination and will power.

Like the reward idea :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • p9uma
    team47b wrote:
    Well done, shows great determination and will power.

Like the reward idea :D

Cheers! Me too.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Nice one, hope you enjoy riding it - and keep the weight off!
  • p9uma
    nathancom wrote:

Ahh yes, now there is the challenge, keeping it off, I think weight wathcing and cycling has to become a way of life now don't it?

<pops off to the kitchen for the third slice of malt loaf tonight> :oops:
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    p9uma wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Ahh yes, now there is the challenge, keeping it off, I think weight wathcing and cycling has to become a way of life now don't it?

Third slice tonight ? I'm terrible with the stuff, if I buy it I end up scoffing the whole lot. I have to buy at least two, as one goes as soon as I unpack the shopping :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • p9uma
    MattC59 wrote:
    p9uma wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Third slice tonight ? I'm terrible with the stuff, if I buy it I end up scoffing the whole lot. I have to buy at least two, as one goes as soon as I unpack the shopping :lol:

Ahh, another slave to the Godess Soreen.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • DonutDad
    DonutDad Posts: 104
    Congratulations! It's great hearing stuff like this on here, keeps fresh in my mind that people are achieving their goals every day, people just like me, and that it does happen no matter how far away it seems for me a the minute.

Great incentive for me was buying a road bike to get fit rather than stick with the old mountain bike. Being more 'aero' on the road bike means my legs hit my tummy with every stroke. Don't like it. Make it go away. Keep riding!
  • p9uma
    DonutDad wrote:
    Congratulations! It's great hearing stuff like this on here, keeps fresh in my mind that people are achieving their goals every day, people just like me, and that it does happen no matter how far away it seems for me a the minute.

Keep at it, when you reach your goal and look back you'll wonder why you didn't before.
    Great incentive for me was buying a road bike to get fit rather than stick with the old mountain bike. Being more 'aero' on the road bike means my legs hit my tummy with every stroke. Don't like it. Make it go away. Keep riding!

The road bikes do make it easier to ride and go fast, I had a road bike, I just bought myself another one a treat and reward.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin