hike-a-bike shoes with same fit as sidi mega's

weeve
weeve Posts: 393
edited August 2017 in MTB buying advice
road and mtb wide/high instep megas -size 42s- fit me like a glove but the mtb soles are appalling for multiday transalp/transpyrennes crossings where you need to hike-a-bike. Soles like teflon on wet rock.Last year had to carry a pair of trainers for such times... hardly great when you are trying to get all camping and bike gear less than 5kgs plus small rucsac

have tried the low end shimano's in wide and apart from being flexible they are only just wide enough in a size 42 but are much longer in the foot so dont fit well

anything else out there.....

. going to do a solo 2 week transpyrenees and need the bag space for the emergency satelitte phone...ha. Im told wide Lakes in a 41.5 would be ideal as have both width and vibram soles.... like hens teeth though and havent seen any despite looking for few months

Comments

• weeve wrote:
    road and mtb wide/high instep megas -size 42s- fit me like a glove but the mtb soles are appalling for multiday transalp/transpyrennes crossings where you need to hike-a-bike. Soles like teflon on wet rock.Last year had to carry a pair of trainers for such times... hardly great when you are trying to get all camping and bike gear less than 5kgs plus small rucsac

have tried the low end shimano's in wide and apart from being flexible they are only just wide enough in a size 42 but are much longer in the foot so dont fit well

anything else out there.....

. going to do a solo 2 week transpyrenees and need the bag space for the emergency satelitte phone...ha. Im told wide Lakes in a 41.5 would be ideal as have both width and vibram soles.... like hens teeth though and havent seen any despite looking for few months

Oh my this is an old one. I have the same question as you.

Did you come up with anything?

Thanks.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    weeve hasn't logged in for three years, so you might be in for a bit of a wait.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools