Did my first race, whoop whoop!!!

irvs
irvs Posts: 204
edited April 2012 in MTB beginners
Hey everyone, well after only starting mountain biking less than 3 weeks ago on a giant revel 1, I thought "what the hell" and entered my first race on Sunday. It so happened to be the first round of the ulster (n.ireland) xc mbt championship, in ballykelly forrest Limavady.
It was a great course but had a killer first hill. Anyways long storey short I had an AWESOME day and finished 25th out of 40 in the 2 lap race covering 7 miles.
I think I can safely say I'm hooked and can't wait to get racing again. Did anyone from here attend???

Neil.

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hello :D

I'm a totally different part of the country but I just wanted to say well done on getting through your first race!! I did my first race last year and found it quite an eye-opener, but like you I was hooked!!!

Onwards and upwards!! :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Congrats! Any idea when and where the other rounds are being held? Preferably closer to belfast! I tried an off road duathlon at Lady dixon about a month ago and loved it! Such a buzz!
  • irvs
    The next race is in 2weeks time down in Dundalk bit far for me as I live near Derry but I'm going to try and get as meny as I can. Your both right it's soo addictive and one hell of a buzz.

Neil
  • ddoyle
    ddoyle Posts: 5
    Great result lad well done :D I'm for Garvagh on Thursday night if you want to meet up we might even know each other this time lol.
  • irvs
    I presume your damain doyle???Yip me n Nicky are heading to garvagh tomorrow as well, We where there on Tuesday night and was pretty muddy but fun watching him fall off every 2minutes.lol. We'll be up round 7.00 nice and bright easly reconsize each other then.
    Some result for you finishing 5 after the chain came off.
  • ddoyle
    ddoyle Posts: 5
    That's my. I work to 8 that's why me and Sean are always late up he will maybe go and meet you at that time and I can catch up. Was gutted at first getting 5th should of been top 3 the chain came off 3 times in 100yds but by the time I was home I was over the moon when I thought about it being the ulster and over 40 riders in the race . Got the new bike now can't wait to get out tonight now.
  • irvs
    See u there tonight chap Sean won't like getting his bike mucky though haha.