East Yorkshire Trail Building. Your county needs you.

Mylo Tylo
Mylo Tylo Posts: 79
edited February 2015 in Routes
Hello MTB's of East Yorkshire,
About 3 years ago I started building a jump/freeride trail area in spooky wood back end of South Cave I gave up cos I ended up just repairing than building(disrespectfull youths) and its hardwork on your own. Now it seems someone else is up there doing a bit. My aim is to get this a bit more organised and get everyone who rides up there to help out and keep the land owner on our side. I do have the land owners permission sort of ( grass the pikeys and mx riders up that are in his quarry and us mtb's stay out of his quarry he will turn a blind eye to what I was doing in his wood). This is a very good site lets try and keep it all others in area keep getting destroyed cos no one asks first I did. If you ride up there and would like to see it become something special please show me your support and help me out with this one way or another. I want to start a monthly dig day if your game let me know. I am also looking to do dh/xc trails at another site once i can get permission of the land owner, if you can show your support and give me a louder voice we stand a better chance. Do it all above board and we could have some decent ride spots that will last, and we need some round here. Its costing me a fortune in motion lotion to get to places like Dalby and Wharncliffe. Help me to help you.
Thank you for reading this post its a start.
Whyte JW2
Gimp Perv (BMX)

Comments

• Gray172
    Gray172 Posts: 26
    Hi, sounds like a great idea I live fairly close and also have a mate who lives in South Cave. I know the area you mean and would be great to have somewhere local to ride to on a weekend. Let us know how I can help.
  • Mylo Tylo
    Going to start with meeting up at spooky wood develop that for now get to know each other and go from there gray172.
    Just need to get more up for it and will then set a day to meet.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Gray172
    I spoke to my mate today and he's up for helping out to.
  • Mylo Tylo
    Thats what I like to hear.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Mylo Tylo
    I know loads are riding up there who are you, I know some one else is digging up there who are you come on don't be shy.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Mylo Tylo
    I have just been for a walk up at the site with the kids, get an idea of what can be done, can't wait to get stuck in now so as soon as the whether gets better we will get started. What has been done since I last dug up there is very amateur so I think it's best we start from scratch so to speak utilising what is already there, got some more locals game that I have bumped into so things should happen faster and for me anyway a lot easier, let's do this properly and professionally. Shovels at the ready.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Mylo Tylo
    What do you want to see built up there gray172.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Gray172
    You can just call us Gray if you want. It depends on the area we have to play with as to what would work.

It wasn't me up there I haven't been for a little while, I should warn you have I no trail building experience but I'm willing to learn.
  • Mylo Tylo
    Ok Gray, I have a plan hope everyone agrees, team effort and all that. If you can use a shovel thats all that matters. My experience is what I built up there a couple of years ago. I am a joiner and have been in construction for over 10 years so north shore and grafting is my area of expertise. The basics is there already just need to add and refine. What I did was better than whats up there now, like I have said looks amateur these days. To give an idea what is in my head, jumps, berms, rockgarden, north shore, challenges to hone your skills on. Wish the rain would stop and nights get lighter so could get started. We should meet up there soon to discuss and get the ball rolling.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Mylo Tylo
    How about one night this week just to talk it through get a chance to meet. Mon, Tue or Wed after 7pm good for me.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Gray172
    Sounds good, I'll have a word with my mate and see if he can make tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully the weather is kinder to us this week, looking forward to see what you have planned.
  • Mylo Tylo
    Ok pal post on here to let me know, rain all week always keep a close eye on that stuff for riding opportunities. Just a staff meeting so to speak will start work come hopefully some better wheather.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    hi guys, you might want to post this in the rides section. there is a big frat from hull on there.

im sure some will be wiling to help.
  • Mylo Tylo
    bobs bikes wrote:
    hi guys, you might want to post this in the rides section. there is a big frat from hull on there.

im sure some will be wiling to help.
    Got put in here by the moderators but will hunt the frat as you put down try drum up more support, cheers for the heads up Bob.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Gray172
    How does Wednesday night at about 7.30 sound? At which part of the forest do you want to meet?
  • ian26
    ian26 Posts: 3
    Sorry, where excactly is spooky woods? would be glad to help out once my exams are over.
    will be great to have somewhere more local!
  • Gray172
    ian26 wrote:
    Sorry, where excactly is spooky woods? would be glad to help out once my exams are over.
    will be great to have somewhere more local!

It's off little wold lane which is off Beverley road which goes to Little Weighton from the main road. If you go to google maps and then South Cave and up and right you should see a quarry, basically the woods around there.
  • ian26
    Ok thanks will have a look.
  • Mylo Tylo
    The jumps are the otherside of woods near quarry entrance take the lane past Drewton kennels, head out of south cave towards Drewton manor,it's the first right. See you there then Gray. The correct name of the woods is Little wold plantation if that helps. If you can make it on Wednesday at 7:30 as well Ian would be great to meet you too.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • ian26
    Sorry can't make it up this evening, keep me informed about future plans though as would be glad to help
  • Mylo Tylo
    Will do Ian.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • noddyh
    noddyh Posts: 43
    I'd like to help out. When are you next meeting?
  • Mylo Tylo
    Good man Noddy, when the weather is better, will post on here well in advanced. Last one was just to meet gray and friend and come up with a plan.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Mylo Tylo
    Going up on Tuesday night just after 8:00 to get something started if anyone would care to join me, bring your own spade/rake.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • noddyh
    noddyh Posts: 43
    Mylo Tylo wrote:
    Going up on Tuesday night just after 8:00 to get something started if anyone would care to join me, bring your own spade/rake.

How did you get on, on Tuesday. Sorry I couldn't make it, will try and get there next time.
  • Alright matey, just found this thread - I come on here exceedingly rarely. When are you next heading up there / meeting and I shall head up and join you, very much interested in any trailbuilding in the area.

I'll try and keep an eye on this thread, but if you could email willslater[at]gmail[dot]com that would be ace.
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">We live in the unhappy shadows of skyscrapers freight trains and malls</font id="size1">
  • Penwa
    Penwa Posts: 1
    Hey matt long time. how woz the peak's wit andy? I didn't realise you where starting to dig the route again, how's it going? I'm taking a drive up to the quarry in abit in the jeep may swing by whist there is still light and av a look.

Steve
  • DJchucker
    DJchucker Posts: 1
    Alright guys, I've started building up there on what was originally there, just making the jumps and table top bigger. Someone keeps knocking the top off them but if we work together we could make them pretty indistructable. This spot does have alot of potential so give me a shout if you need a hand.
  • Hi, i've just started repairing/building some berms and jumps in the wood with a few mates, if people are interested in improving the trail add me on facebook www.facebook.com/dave.mitchell.90
  • Sorry everyone who has shown an interest in what I tried starting I work away a lot know so have no time, only to ride which it's what about. Glad to hear someone is keeping up the good work. I will do what I can when I can. I have tried thou in this past year with land owners which round here is very hard to find who owns what so for know its just the semi legal site at south cave. Keep up the good work those that do.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)