2012 Kuota Kharma

lewmilfy1
lewmilfy1 Posts: 6
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
Just picked up my new Kuota Kharma from the wonderful folks at http://mosquito-bikes.co.uk/ in London. Had a quick ride from Hackney to Brighton on the weekend it's such a step up from my Giant Defy 3. I'm taking part in the Alpine Challenge this summer so I'm looking forward to spending plenty more hours in the saddle.

https://twitter.com/#!/LewMilfy/status/188680375470522369/photo/1/large

Hope the Twitter link works and feel free to follow if you Tweet ;-)

Mod: Here's a little help ;)
Ap5TzURCAAEyL_O.jpg

Comments

• RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice. Like the frame sculpture...
  • Gusbang
    Gusbang Posts: 14
    Snap, I just bought one of those last week as well. Different wheels and group set though.
  • ezine
    ezine Posts: 26
    Are you planning to add some deeper dish wheels to your bike after time? Kharma seems to be one of Kuota's aero aimed frames
    I will not go beyond 32mm on my KOM which has more conventional tubes and a bulkier fork.

Nevertheless a beautiful bike . BTW,what is the current bike weight?
  • it's currently 8.7 KG
  • Am wondering how you rate the ride quality of the Kharma (having just posted on the subject on Road Buying Advice) on a variety of road surfaces? Assume your ride to south coast encountered the good, the bad and the ugly in terms of UK road surfaces and am a bit worried that the Kharam might in reality be a super stiff botty bashing arm jarring mare.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    It's a comfortable cruiser, even the Kebel that i have now is far more comfortable than my Alu training bike.
  • lewmilfy1
    lewmilfy1 Posts: 6
    sorry for taking so long to reply... busy!!!

Ride is nice but a little firm. I have a very limited riding experience to compare it to (only owned a giant defy 4) so I dont know how it stacks up against others in the price range. I test rode a Cube Agree GTC? the Kouta was instantly more pleasurable and rewarding. Box Hill with the new surface is such a pleasure but running through the middle of Hackney at 6am on a sunday morning is a little hit and miss. It's worth a test ride if you're unsure
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Lovely bike although i feel some Aero wheels would do it far more justice on the looks front.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • bails1310
    bails1310 Posts: 361
    Love these, once my current cycle to work scheme is done, intend immediate upgrade to one of these from Epic Cycles.

Are they only avalibale in white or have I imagined them in black?
    Kuota Kharma Race [Dry/Sunny]
    Raleigh Airlite 100 [Wet/Horrible]