help needed with new tyres

BOLTONBOXER
BOLTONBOXER Posts: 68
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Hi guys does anybody know if I can fit a 26/2.35 on my carrera vengeance I have got 2.10 on at the moment but looking at some Maxxis high roller for some more grip as it's still got the one on that come as standard

Comments

• Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    should be ok....although clearance at the back may be limited - which will be ok for now but could cause mud clogging issues in the wetter months.
  • Mccraque wrote:
    should be ok....although clearance at the back may be limited - which will be ok for now but could cause mud clogging issues in the wetter months.
    Was thinking of the 2.25 on the back cos it looks tight lol
  • davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    2.35 HR's come up small for thier size (more like a 2.2) so you should be fine. Be aware that a Maxxis 2.25 i.e. Ardent, Advantage etc are considerably larger than the 2.35's (HR, Minion).
  • davewalsh wrote:
    2.35 HR's come up small for thier size (more like a 2.2) so you should be fine. Be aware that a Maxxis 2.25 i.e. Ardent, Advantage etc are considerably larger than the 2.35's (HR, Minion).
    Thanks I'll have a look mate
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    As above HRs are fairly narrow. The 2.35 on my bike is about the same size as the 2.25 CrossMark on the back although the HR has a tall square profile which makes it look narrow compared to the rounded profile of the CrossMark