Avid HS1 Titanium Rotor

Chunkers1980
Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
edited April 2012 in MTB general
What's this a Ti rotor? No it comes with Ti bolts. What a croc.

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Never seen it called/advertised as titanium...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Did you buy it purely because it was titanium? If so, why?

Ti is a rubbish choice for disc rotors, so they've done you a favour making it out of steel.
  • bennett_346
    Clearly states

Avid Rotor Disc Specifications:

Material: Alloy Rotor, Titanium Bolts
    Sizes: 140/160/180/200mm
  • Chunkers1980
    What's your point?

No I did not buy one.

All I was alluding to was in the title it says titanium rotor, when it's not, just the bolts. Highly misleading I'd say.
  • bennett_346
    Highly misleading I'd say.
    maybe if you're retarded, it doesn't exactly hide the fact its not Ti, it is listed as titanium because it features Ti bolts, much like you don't expect a RS Recon Gold to actually be made of gold stanchions...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    maybe if you're retarded, it doesn't exactly hide the fact its not Ti, it is listed as titanium because it features Ti bolts, much like you don't expect a RS Recon Gold to actually be made of gold stanchions...
    They aren't gold? Bugger I've been had.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bennett_346
    cooldad wrote:
    They aren't gold? Bugger I've been had.
    I blame chain reaction.

Or wiggle.
  • Chunkers1980
    I'd just blame SRAM
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    leaflite wrote:
    Never seen it called/advertised as titanium...

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=67569

What's funny is that the only reviewer for that item said:

" Al from Australia Owner 23 February 2012 02:08

This item comes with 6 rotor bolts. So dont order extra like I did"

So he must have also been confused, if the USP of this thing is that it comes with Ti bolts, why order extra bolts :lol:
  • bennett_346
    People just don't read things properly before buying on the internet, its laziness at best.
  • LOL @ some of the serious complaint threads that have popped up on BR the last few weeks.
  • njee20
    LOL @ some of the serious complaint threads that have popped up on BR the last few weeks.

+1

You didn't even buy it, and yet were sufficiently aggrieved that the product name wasn't 100% accurate you started a thread? Too much spare time?
  • njee20 wrote:
    LOL @ some of the serious complaint threads that have popped up on BR the last few weeks.

+1

You didn't even buy it, and yet were sufficiently aggrieved that the product name wasn't 100% accurate you started a thread? Too much spare time?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa8Tq3dNGbdPHs-DlhRZTBdOLaFd-Ysy2goE2jsV_NrAReAc-qlsjZtOFTqQ
    potato.jpg
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Awww man, now I just want a jacket potato for breakfast :roll:

It would have lots of cheese and baconz...
  • Chunkers1980
    njee20 wrote:

+1

Cetainly wasn't aggrieved. Infact I don't care just pointing out it's really misleading but you seem to have some time on your hands to visit and revisit this thread. Infact you'll probably even have enough time to comment on this and find some pics spuds on the net to show what a great webbo you are.
  • njee20
    Well it wasn't me, but Googling 'potato' doesn't take very long!

I'm glad you've bought it to my attention though. I'll remember that next time I buy a product without actually reading what it is I may not get what I expect!
  • Chunkers1980
    Good, glad I could be of service to you. The detail is in the small print, but the headline is very misleading, my only point.
  • njee20
    And anyone who buys purely off the headline is a moron. Sorted!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    njee20 wrote:

+1

Cetainly wasn't aggrieved. Infact I don't care...
    Well, like has been said, you cared enough to start a thread about it. So take your bitchslap-of-common-sense like a man.