Child Seat recommendations for a Carrera Subway?

Chris30381
Chris30381 Posts: 49
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

I finally took the plunge and purchased my 1st Bike a Carrera Subway from Halfords. I am very pleased with it, feels light, solid and smooth on the Tarmac and the Matt Black looks very smart. Despite what everyone says, Halfords Service wasnt too bad at all either :-)

Anyway as above, can anyone recommend me some decent Child Bike Seats please? My Son is 2 and 1/2 and weighs around 14KGS...

Thanks Chris

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I have the cheapest one from Halfords and its fine for my girl - even copes off road ok.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... zone=PLPz1

Avoid their helmets though. Met do a nice range for the littluns.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • I was looking at that seat meself :)
  • Thanks Ben. Thats good because it may only be used a Handful of times anyway :-)

Sorry for my ignorance but I have never heard of Met? Was going to take a look at my local Decathlon for accessories as they are much cheaper than Halfords....
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Met is the make, not shop. Probably not available in de cathlon. Worth going to your local decent bike shop for a helmet I reckon. I found that a couple of quid more bought a different level of quality all together, which is important when it's their head I guess!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Thanks mate I will have a look into them. I totally agree about quality of the Helmets, certainly not worth risking just to save a few pennies. I just meant Halfords are more expensive in general. Right then off to get Helmets, Mudguards, Lights, Gloves, Pump, Puncture Kit, Bottle Cage etc
  • lexinoo
    lexinoo Posts: 132
    Hi ,i have got a child seat sitting in my garage,i think its the same as the one in the picture from halfords,only used it a couple of times,you can have it for free if you collect it Rugeley ,Staffs.
    EDIT -just had a look -its a polisport bikemate.
  • Thats very kind of you. Is it a Rear Mount Seat that attaches to the Seat Post, does it have a Bracket? Could you possibly post a Picture?

Thanks Chris
  • lexinoo
    Just off to work now mate,i have taken a couple of pics on my phone that i will TRY to put on here later,if i can remember how to do it!But it is very similar to that one in the halfords link,it faces forward and has two bars that drop into a locking bracket that attaches to the seat tube.Its been sittting in the garage for about 3 years now so its a bit dusty and has a couple of scratches but its all there.Back at about 11 tonight so will try then with pics.
  • Thank You, thats great as long as it has the Bracket and all the bits and is good to go, I will certainly take it off your hands if you dont mind? Dont worry about the pics if you cant upload them. When would be best for you for us to collect?

Cheers Chris
  • lexinoo
    2012-04-17131758.jpg
    2012-04-17131823.jpg
    2012-04-17131829.jpg
    2012-04-17131846.jpg
    2012-04-17131858.jpg
    2012-04-17131943.jpg
  • lexinoo
    Hey, i did it.If you want it i will be in thursday,friday ,and saturday morning before 12 or evenings next week.I will send you my info by private message.
  • Excellent, the Seat looks great. Are you sure you dont want anything for it? Saturday Morning would be great as I work Monday to Friday. I live near M5 J2 so I should be with you around 10.30ish if that is ok?

Thanks Chris
  • lexinoo
    Yes,thats fine mate.