pump track

flavrat66
flavrat66 Posts: 16
edited April 2012 in MTB general
I'm building a small pump track in the front garden. Mainly for the nephew, but I'll have to test it daily of course..to see if it's safe for him.. :D No direct neighbours to speak of, but there is a main road at the end of the garden which goes to neighbours' houses and other lanes. So, one of these neighbours stops to have a chat. I explain to him what a pump track is. He goes off on one saying it will be an eye-sore to the village. So I tell him where to go. :x It's my land..blah blah blah. Thinking later about it though, I wondered if he could he get some council job-worth in to ruin my plans?

Comments

• Shackster
    Shackster Posts: 257
    Stupid as it may sound you could need planning permission. It could be classed as an engineering operation and also as a change of use. I'd speak to your local planning department before doing anything.
    2011 Canyon XC 8.0 (Monza Race Red)
    1996(?) dyna-tech titanium HT; pace RC-35's; Hope Ti Hubs etc etc
    Bianchi Road Bike
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    The worst that will happen is that they'll ask you to return it to how it was if planning should have been applied for. Assuming you can build it OK then you'll be able to demolish it. I'd just get on with it.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Balls just tell them it's a bit of landscaping - you like the look of it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I agree with cooldad on this. Build some flowerbeds and a small rock gardens around it then you've just landscaped the front garden
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I agree with cooldad on everything.
    Is what you meant to say
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Make sure he ends up in a ditch (head backwards obviously) before he gets a chance to complain. Go ahead and do it. In effect you're only landscaping the garden a bit :lol:
  • flavrat66
    flavrat66 Posts: 16
    lol. Thanks for the advice all. I reckon a few well positioned flowers might do the trick. Might have to build the wall up though for the egg on face moments..which there are bound to be plenty!