Gisburn Forest

BOLTONBOXER
BOLTONBOXER Posts: 68
edited May 2012 in Routes
Hi peeps has anybody made it to gisburn this weekend , I went today for the second time was an amazing ride think we did the red route with the hully gully in 2hours 15mins :-)

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    How was the weather there? Been several times and always peeing down, also broken components on every visit. :D
    I seem to be cursed there lol!
  • I was there Friday. Weather was sunny one minute, then insane heavy hail storm that lasted about twenty mins. My mates who were walking round the forest never saw anything other than sunshine though, very odd. Good times!
  • hully gully is awesome, some steep drop offs around gisburn though, not been for 4 weeks but recently been up healey nab, nice trails up there :)
  • How was the weather there? Been several times and always peeing down, also broken components on every visit. :D
    Weather was great today , not broke anythin yet ,,
  • hully gully is awesome, some steep drop offs around gisburn though, not been for 4 weeks but recently been up healey nab, nice trails up there :)
    Went there once when first got my bike was horrible weather gonna have give it another try I dnt live far from there
  • reyrol
    reyrol Posts: 38
    How was the weather there? Been several times and always peeing down, also broken components on every visit. :D
    No but it wasn't for lack of trying ha ha
  • reyrol wrote:
    No but it wasn't for lack of trying ha ha
    Haha u coming back with us again maybe next time u will see me break something lol
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Hi peeps has anybody made it to gisburn this weekend , I went today for the second time was an amazing ride think we did the red route with the hully gully in 2hours 15mins :-)

Last summer I managed the full "8" in 1hr 6mins and I've managed to go round twice in 2hrs 32mins, was a lot fitter then though.
    I was there Friday. Weather was sunny one minute, then insane heavy hail storm that lasted about twenty mins. My mates who were walking round the forest never saw anything other than sunshine though, very odd. Good times!

We were up Friday, yeah the weather was weird around 3pm hail storm from nowere!! didn't stop us doing hope and Dh though.

Being a school holiday week loads of familys up and having a go which is great, we went and did the old DH run which is really old school but the best fun we've had in ages.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    I don't live any where near Gisburn Forest but it sounds great fun from what i've read so i guess it's only a matter of time before i check it out for my self :) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    IT66T, it's not that far from you, maybe 90 mins. Get yourself up there.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • IT66T
    stumpyjon ,

I know it's not that far away from me mate but i'm trying to sort a bike out as i've got an old heavy cheap steel one that's a bit worse for wear and i'm not sure it's worth fixing up so i'm just after a decentish cheap one that is worth upgrading later .
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • IT66T
    I've just seen a vid on utube of a couple of trails and i'm itching to get a bike sorted so i can go 8) .
  • 1mancity2
    IT66T wrote:
    I've just seen a vid on utube of a couple of trails and i'm itching to get a bike sorted so i can go 8) .

Its fantastic, Stumpy and his mob have done some great work and they are on with more.
    I try to get up there every week, but with a baby due any time that is going to change, the "8" loop is great and the more technical parts like, "The slab", Hope line, etc make it a very intresting ride.

We tend to do the hope line and go on the DH sections, but homebaked, bottoms and hully gully will give you a buzz.
  • stumpyjon
    but with a baby due any time that is going to change

Yep you'll probably end up riding more! You'll be broke and desperate for some me time. Riding is the answer.

• IT66T
    1mancity2 wrote:
    IT66T wrote:

Its fantastic, Stumpy and his mob have done some great work and they are on with more.
    I try to get up there every week, but with a baby due any time that is going to change, the "8" loop is great and the more technical parts like, "The slab", Hope line, etc make it a very intresting ride.

We tend to do the hope line and go on the DH sections, but homebaked, bottoms and hully gully will give you a buzz.

That's some fantastic work done sorting them trails from what i've seen so i most certainly admire Stumpy and his mob for what they've done 8) .

I'm not brilliant on technical trails but i hope to change that with practice and i was getting a buzz just watching the vid of Hully Gully so i'm rather eager to get on it :P and if Home Baked & Bottoms are just as half as good as Hully Gully then i can see my self spending a fair old bit of time on them to :D:D .

Well it doesn't matter weather it's a girl or a boy when your little one arrives just as long as it's healthy and sleeps alot at night lol ;) .
  • grant43
    grant43 Posts: 170
    thats some going two laps of the 8 in two and half hours what was you on a ktm crosser or something lol
    keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol
  • 1mancity2
    grant43 wrote:
    thats some going two laps of the 8 in two and half hours what was you on a ktm crosser or something lol

If you start at the car park, on the second lap you miss some out so not strickly two full laps.
  • mr joey
    mr joey Posts: 427
    i was there last tues great trail so close to home and good weather also and the main thing NO FLATS!!! :D
  • Hi,
    Does anyone know a postcode for Gisburn forest, fancy a blast around there then catch Cragg Quarry on the way home.
    Cheers, Steve.
  • IT66T
    Try google for the post code as it should be possible to get it on there lol .
  • 1mancity2
    Hi,
    Does anyone know a postcode for Gisburn forest, fancy a blast around there then catch Cragg Quarry on the way home.
    Cheers, Steve.

BD23 4SQ is for the pub at tossside (Gizzy bikes)
    stumpyjon wrote:
    but with a baby due any time that is going to change

Yep you'll probably end up riding more! You'll be broke and desperate for some me time. Riding is the answer.

I WILL be up there this Sunday no matter what happens!!
  • stumpyjon
    Check out www.pmba.org.uk/gisburn.htm for directions, trail status downloadable maps etc. and www.pmba.org.uk/leeandcragg.htm .