Muddy fox

BABASAN
BABASAN Posts: 28
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys I was in my local sports direct the other day and I saw some mountain bike gear by muddy fox and was wondering what you guys thought to it here's the link
http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox?mppp=true
I am particularly interested in the bib shorts to go under my baggies as well the jacket and possibly the helmet let me know what you think

Thanks in advance

Comments

• I know a couple of people who have had undershorts / bib shorts from them before and they seem to do the job perfectly well.

Can't comment on the helmet. Looks pretty well vented, and I'd imagine it meets the relevant safety standards, no idea what fit, weight or comfort will be like though. You'd need to check that out yourself.

Pop back in and try some stuff on, that's really the only way to know if any of it is any good for you personally.
  • I wear muddy fox padded undershorts and also so t shirts Ive bought from sports direct. Its great kit for the money, no complaints at all.
    Ive got the jacket, which is good but not breathable, so make sure your wearing a long sleeve wicking garment underneath or you'll boil in the bag.
    Helmet wise, personally, I would spend as much as you can and get one from a bigger manufacturer, like Met or Bell. Halfords dont have a bad selection of helmets or a LBS.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I got the jacket and before it went in the washer for the first time it was the most water proof thing ever, after the first wash and even treated with jacket waterproofing stuff it is nowhere near as good now. I wore it on Thursday with just a breathable short sleeve base layer underneath and by the end of the red at Llandegla the cuffs were both soaked with sweat where it all run down, to the point I had to change my gloves and take the jacket off for my next lap. I'll be keeping it for winter use only, I think.
  • I have no doubts this stuff isn't as good as the quoted RRP would suggest, but compared to basic cycling gear in Lidl and Aldi its worth a punt.

A cycling shirt and a jacket for £20 delivered has got to be worth a try - even if its just to keep the worst of the crud off on shortish rides :) That's what i've done anyway :roll:
  • MrCubeLtd
    MrCubeLtd Posts: 192
    Money was tight after the bike purchase but I brought a shed load of Muddy Fox stuff online from Sports Direct saving a bundle. Got 2 x Undershorts padded, 2 x jerseys long and short sleeved. So far so good. For the money they are a good deal.
    I'm pedalling as fast as I can!
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    The name used to appear on bikes - they were about the first range in the UK consisting only of mountain bikes. This was in the mid-1980s to early 1990s, I don't know what happened to them after that. Any opinions of a BMX bike for £65 called "Fracture"?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • fager
    fager Posts: 5
    I would spend as much as you can and get one from a bigger manufacturer, like Met or Bell.
    g.gif