Rockhopper sale, best approach?

arthur_scrimshaw
arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
edited July 2014 in Your mountain bikes
After SS persuaded me as far as upgrades, wheels were the way to go here is the end result -

2009 Rockhopper, main upgrades are
Reba RLT dual air
Superstar wheels switch evo hubs, crest rims, brakes now 180/160

Next change will probably be the chainset, looking for a nice SLX or higher setup. Oh and maybe tubeless.... :?
Went out on the downs today and the bike feels really nice.

Photo0092.jpg

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0089.jpg

Photo0093.jpg

Comments

• sensi10
    sensi10 Posts: 68
    Looks nice , how do find the forks , Ive just ordered some 2012 reba rlt and cant wait to try them :D
  • sensi10 wrote:
    Looks nice , how do find the forks , Ive just ordered some 2012 reba rlt and cant wait to try them :D

Thanks, the forks are a great upgrade over the original Dart 3's - really plush and controlled (and much lighter). I started running them with equal + & - pressures and a bit too high so wasn't getting the full travel, now run the minus slightly lower (90 psi) than the plus (100psi) I weigh about 13 stone and this setting works well for me. Also have a bar mounted pop loc which is great. You need a shock pump if you haven't already got one and I suggest you secure (or remove) the red rebound adjuster as they have a habit of falling off never to be found again! I use a loose ish cable tie.
  • Resurrected this post to ask advice, this is up for sale but wondered if I might be better putting the original forks and wheels back on it ( Dart 3 forks) and selling the Superstar wheels and Reba's separately?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Almost certainly yes, especially if they will fit your next bike and work as an upgrade!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cheers, sounds like a plan!