looking for xc near south manchester

Willock
Willock Posts: 41
edited April 2012 in Routes
just looking for some routes near sale and trafford i prefer forest routes but cant think of much other than the transpen trail which is a bit to flat unless iv not gone far enough any suggestions will be welcome cheers

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    It is all a bit flat round there, my mates from South Manchester come up nearer me (Oldham) for riding.
  • Willock
    Willock Posts: 41
    what locations you have around there as iv got a few days off soon so will to travel for a trail
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I have some local routes I do that are only 7 or 8 miles or so linking bridleways and a few bits of singletrack near me in Royton. There are some decent areas for riding in Saddleworth and Crompton Moor but I'm heading up to Lee Quarry and Cragg Quarry a bit at the moment as it is only 25 or 30 minutes from here.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Get the train out to either Glossop, New Mills (or further into the Peak District on the Sheffield Line) or into Calderdale (Hebden Bridge, Todmoredon etc).

There's soem excellent natural trails out there, just arm yourself with a map and get pedalling :)