Guardini

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited June 2013 in Pro race
Ok, so this guy looks amazing in Langkawi.

He gets a handful of 2/3 and top 10 placings in other lesser races.

Will he ever come good and dominate?

Will he ride and show form in this year's Giro?

He has got a great, composed victory salute for an un-established rider.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    The first week of the Giro has at least three stages than are totally flat, so we'll soon find out. If he's the real deal, expect the Giro to get a whole lot easier in the next four or five years.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    afx237vi wrote:
    The first week of the Giro has at least three stages than are totally flat, so we'll soon find out. If he's the real deal, expect the Giro to get a whole lot easier in the next four or five years.

:lol:

If he starts winning a lot the Rialto bridge in Venice will suddenly become Hors Category (or whatever that is in Italian...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    Looks like a failed Giro to me...

A tenth position on stage 3 is his best.

Not sure whether this is because he is not in the finale to contest the sprints or cannot contest against the big guns.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400

Not sure whether this is because he is not in the finale to contest the sprints or cannot contest against the big guns.

Bit of both I think. The Tour of Langkawi is a long way from the Giro D'Italia and Farnese Vini don't have the right guys to go up against the likes of Sky & Greenedge to get him in the right place in the last 10KM.

He's still quite young though I think, so he's still got time to make progress but at the moment he's still very much in the 3rd tier of sprinters.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,112
    How many GT stages did Cavendish ride before winning one?

He definitely failed in his first attempt at the Tour.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    andyp wrote:
    How many GT stages did Cavendish ride before winning one?

He definitely failed in his first attempt at the Tour.

Ten. Three of which were sprints he contested.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Guardini is still in the race - last rider in for the last 2 stages but now second from the maglia nera! Cappello!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • frenchfighter
    Been very quiet.

I hope he isn`t one of the dirty Vinis.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    He is in Astana now, of course. And from his lack of development (despite that top win in the Giro last year), he seems a couple of rungs below the top sprinters.