Just bought a Boardman MTB - Questions that need answering

rl9018
rl9018 Posts: 5
edited April 2012 in MTB general
Hi there

I just bought my first Boardman MTB this morning. Since having it home and taking it for a spin (which I LOVE!) I then went on to look over the Halfords check list that was done in store. I noticed that the shop assistant ticked off that the bike had reflectors and a bell, which I understand to be a legal requirement. However, the bike has neither. I was wondering if anyone out there had previously bought a Boardman MTB which came with reflectors and a bell? Also, did anyone else get a user manual and/or any tools for adjusting the seat? Hope any fellow Boardmanners can help me with this query :)

Thank you!

Comments

• Saves you having to take them off. Rejoice !
  • rl9018
    rl9018 Posts: 5
    I know but I was just wondering if anyone else got them with their Boardman bike.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    They are meant to be supplied on all new bikes but I don't know anyone who has left them on
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    camerauk wrote:
    They are meant to be supplied on all new bikes but I don't know anyone who has left them on
    They are to be supplied with any cycle that is to be used on the road

MTB's don't usually have them* as they are off road bikes

* Yes I know some MTB's do have them, but mid range to higher end stuff generally isn't supplied with them by the manufacturer

User manuals for most components are online, but a generic user manual should be supplied with most bikes
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Coolnick
    Coolnick Posts: 380
    Mine came with bell and reflectors and were soon removed. Also came with a brief manual but tbh it doesn't say a great deal in there. Enjoy, great bikes.
    Boardman HT Comp 2012>
    Spesh Rockhopper 2004 - 2012
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No tools but a basic multitool will handle most things, and you need one anyway.
    Along with (unless you already have) a puncture kit, tyre pump and shock pump.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They quite often come with reflectors and bell in a bag. No loss if they don't, though- most likely the shop will give you some on request if you want them.

As far as tools go, buy yourself a Topeak Hexus- best multitool there is IMO and not too expensive, you can almost strip a bike down to its individual parts with one. A multitool's invaluable when you're out riding, sooner or later you'll need to adjust or retighten something. Also invest in some powerlinks if you don't already have them, in case of chain snappage.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Why do you care, jesus they look shite
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • GT_Dave
    GT_Dave Posts: 161
    Which one did you get mate?
  • craigw99
    craigw99 Posts: 224
    when i got mine the guy said 'i've ticked the box for bell and reflectors - we dont put them on incase they scratch the bars/post do you want them?' fair enough imo saved me having to take them off!
    opinions are worth exactly what you pay for them ;-)
    2012 boardman team F/S tarting has begun..
    1992 cannondale m1000 still going just