08 Yeti 575 **NEW PICS**

Jamie G
Jamie G Posts: 166
edited October 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Bought the EX8 frame and Fox's off flea-bay last year, and have been building it up since then. Its a bit of a sad day, as i've just put a set of Hope Tech M4's on today...and I think that might be it for now :( Until upgraditis rears its ugly head. That or a see a bargain Zesty frame somewhere! :P

Anyway, its the first time i've had the b*lls to put pics of a bike of mine on here, so let me know what you think ...and be gentle!

7077003141_41de6c9eab_c.jpg

7077005435_f5f8ff47bc_c.jpg

6930927944_6e26551e5c_c.jpg

7077009143_7386831746_c.jpg

Anything you wanna know, just give me a shout

Cheers guys!

Jamie

Comments

• looks good just needs a dropper post
    1996 GT Borrego - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert - 2010 Specialized enduro expert
  • booyaka
    booyaka Posts: 263
    great colour and lovely bike - very jealous
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    nice bike love the colour but jesus man its far too clean where s the mud and dirt........
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Jamie G
    Thanks for the responses guys, that Rootbeer colour does grow on you after a while :D

Northernshaggy - Must say, i have thought about a dropper, but keep thinking its a bit OTT for a 120mm bike. Sure i'll be keeping my eyes on the classifieds forum :P

You're an evil man buzz!...*clicks on link and adds to watch list* ha ha

Cheers tarbot, i'd literally just cleaned it at that point mate. As i was fitting new brakes and had the wheels off it seemed like the perfect time to give it a proper scrub up. Don't worry, it'll be filthy again by lunchtime tomorrow :D
  • Gavalar
    Gavalar Posts: 44
    Dont worry little bro we get it dirty today over Epping :-)
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Lovely bike 8) Nicely specced too
  • Gavalar
    Didnt look that clean by 3pm on sunday, did it bro? :-)
  • Jamie G
    Gavalar wrote:
    Didnt look that clean by 3pm on sunday, did it bro? :-)

Ha ha, no mate, certainly didn't!...does again now though! :D

Plus i've added a wee bit more bling...just can't leave it alone :P
  • mac245
    mac245 Posts: 48
    Looks awesome. Nice bike.
  • Jamie G
    Ok, so my pride and joy is no longer the EX8 you see above...allow me to introduce you to my new baby! :D

Yeti 575 (08) in Turquoise
    7169114449_0539a0419b_z.jpg

Fox / Yeti decals from Silk Graphics...love these!
    7354325802_b13b905ac3_z.jpg

Maverick dropper post, need to sort out the cable routing on this as you can see from the pic at the bottom!
    7169112437_ac0838884a_z.jpg

Hope and carbon cockpit
    7354324654_a853f7246e_z.jpg

Flip side
    7354323436_a62f4915ba_z.jpg

Reason for the change was simply that I saw the frame for sale on a forum, and couldn't resist...i've always loved the look of these. Everything was transferred from the Trek (with the exception of the TALAS 160mm RC2's, Maverick dropper post and shorter Hope stem) and its literally just been finished. It'll get a proper test tomorrow.

Weighs in at 31lbs which isn't too bad considering.

Let me know what you think peeps and any suggestions etc for other things i can do to it will be happily taken :D

Cheers all

Jamie
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice yeti there buddy,
    The trek a lot lighter though?
  • Jamie G
    Nice yeti there buddy,
    The trek a lot lighter though?

Cheers fella. I think the Trek came in about 3lbs less, so not a great deal of difference. Does feel heavier on the short ride i've had so far though...feels hard to get the front end up compared with the Trek. Could be something to do with it having a fair bit more travel too I suppose.

Jamie
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ya keeping the trek frame or selling on
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Looks great! I really like those fork decals too. It will be interesting to see how you get on with the maveric post-they used to have an "interesting" reliability record!
  • Jamie G
    Ya keeping the trek frame or selling on

I'm selling the frame and forks on mate. I've got someone who wants them, and they've got a couple of weeks to get the money, otherwise i'll be sticking them on here and STW.

Jamie
  • Jamie G
    leaflite wrote:
    Looks great! I really like those fork decals too. It will be interesting to see how you get on with the maveric post-they used to have an "interesting" reliability record!

Cheers mate, yeah i'd advise anyone to give changing the forks decals a go, so easy to do!

Really? I only bought it cheap second hand as a "punt" so hopefully it holds up...would suck if it went out on the trails somewhere!

Jamie
  • Jamie G
    I've made a few updates so thought i'd put some new pics on here

Shimano XTR rear mech with carbon cage goodness and Yumeya chain

7663649952_335cf253e9_z.jpg

Hope bash and DMR Vault pedals

7663651524_1721416993_z.jpg

Also added a pair of Maxxis LUST High Rollers 2.1...you may notice its missing the dropper now, to cut a long story story short it lasted one ride then failed that's the risk you take when buying second hand i suppose. Might get another at some point soon but the Easton will have to do for now. Oooh, and i've just realised it now also sports a better colour co-ordinated Charge Spoon

7663653222_447f040bb6_c.jpg

As before, any thoughts / comments will be much appreciated

Cheers all!

Jamie
  • Gavalar
    Nice bike mate, but there more common then transit vans :-)

You need something a bit exclusive ;-)
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Gavalar wrote:

could have been worse, he could have bought one of those hideous Orbea Rallons instead :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Jamie G
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Gavalar wrote:

could have been worse, he could have bought one of those hideous Orbea Rallons instead :wink:

Ha ha, good effort Chez! :D

Its all good though, Gavalar is actually my bro, and therefore on a wind-up! He know's he loves the Yeti and is just jealous...So long as he's happy with his 'hunchback' then that's all that matters :wink:

Jamie
  • Gavalar
    Jamie G wrote:
    chez_m356 wrote:
    Gavalar wrote:

Ha ha, good effort Chez! :D

Its all good though, Gavalar is actually my bro, and therefore on a wind-up! He know's he loves the Yeti and is just jealous...So long as he's happy with his 'hunchback' then that's all that matters :wink:

Jamie

Touche to you both, but as Jamie said I'm his big bro, and because if that I have rib him, it's my right and in some country's its even law :D
    We have a mutual respect for each others steads :shock:

But I must say because mine is "different" there ain't many about :D
  • antop34
    antop34 Posts: 62
    common?! Only because they have been around for year, still awesome bikes.
    Liking the build and the attention to detail with the saddle etc
    Steer clear of joplins - I have had 3 in the last year through warranty replacements, and although the current joplin 4 is ok, im not holding out much hope after a winter of grime and grit.