RS Tora TK - will it fit this?

handsome devil
handsome devil Posts: 194
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
I have also posted regarding options of a new hardtail for my daughter but have also been mulling over just upgrading the fork as she is happy with the bike in general.

The question is this - will this fork;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-Tora ... tem43aebdb

fit her bike;

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bik ... 097/43417/

Or is it not really worth doing?

The Giant does have V brakes and the Tora fork does have post mounts to take these but will the steerer fit the headset on the bike? Also will the skewer fit the fork? Is there anything else I need to consider as in alternative options, etc.

Is the fork better than any Suntour offerings?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
2017 YT Jeffsy 27 AL Comp
2016 Specialized Allez Elite DSW
2014 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport Compact

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It will fit and will be an improvement. Might push the front end up a bit though. Slightly longer travel but can't find any dropout to crown measurements.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    You might want to check the spring vs rider weight. I think that the standard spring is 'red' and is for riders of 63-72 kg, while the 'yellow' spring is for under 63kg.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • S-M
    S-M Posts: 174
    Will she even notice the difference though?

My mrs has a Revolution Trailfinder rigid hybrid thing, we went out for a 30 miler and she was complaining about being sore, as i still had my old Rockshox Judy T2 in the man-cave, i figured i would strip it down, refurb it and try it on her bike, for those who dont know, this is an oldskool 1998 fork with springs + elastomers, suprisingly the elastomers are in perfect condition, so i grease everything up, give the lowers a lick of paint replace decals and fit them to her bike, they have a bit of flex, so i explain to the missus that she should try them out, i explain the flex, she does not have a clue what flex is, she can not feel it, but it seams better when she bounces up a kerb now :lol:

I could have fitted a fork made from noodles and she would have been none the wiser.
    1999 Specialized FSR Elite MAX Backbone.
    1998 Specialized FSR Ground Control - stripped for parts.
    2011 Boardman Pro HT - SOLD! (low quality, expensive garbage)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    She might if they just act as heavy rigid forks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools