Grand National Saturday Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Grand National today, that's about all I know. Considering I potentially am going to end up being a horse vet I'm very uselesss.

Anyway, lambing continues today, shouldn't be too bad, will hopefully get a couple of hours off this afternoon.

Laters

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Morning

Head hurts from excess last night, but that is the norm rather than news.

Today is obviously watch the gp after that a bit of excercise and family time. Tonight is a meal out with some friends, well when I say friends......
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    doing sweepstake at work for grand national,

staying in bed all day, watching films, except for breakfast and bathroom, watching fa cup semis.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Lsst of my learning routes today, next week is exams week. Only in work for two hours or so today mind. Not looking forward to having to work for a living mind.

Tarrah a bit
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    edited April 2012
    Morning Tagnuts,

Great day out at Cwmcarn yesterday, the downhill started to hang together a bit better and I managed to do a few of the bits I'd been cocking up before. At least the sun was out all day as when I got there on Thurs evening it was torrential rain and hailstones! Have a nice set of cuts 'n' bruises from a couple of comedy dismounts and I can't move my left thumb which could be a problem :)

Time for Dad's taxi work soon :|
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning members,

FA Cup semi final day today. Hope I can find a decent stream on the interweb to watch it on coz I ain't paying to watch it on ESPN.

Apart from that nothing much planned.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • CYCLESPORT1
    CYCLESPORT1 Posts: 471
    Boycotting it from now on due to animal welfair issues.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Morning Tagnuts,

Great day out at Cwmcarn yesterday, the downhill started to hang together a bit better and I managed to do a few of the bits I'd been cocking up before. Have a nice set of cuts n bruises from a couple of comedy dismounts and I can#t move my left thumb which could be a problem :)

Time for Dad's taxi work soon :|

glad you had a good day mate, sorry we didn't get to meet up. let us know when you're up next and we'll sort something out. we might even persuade gazlar to leave cardiff and get out for a ride :lol:

well, i've got another cold. i've been doing really well after i started taking supplements and hadn't been ill for about 4 months, now i've had 2 colds in 3 weeks, it's just going around in circles in the office. i think i'll have a few days off next week to break the cycle :D

a day of running around doing errands today and then tomorrow if i feel up to it a ride of my new favourite route 8)

have a good day bumders
  • Boycotting it from now on due to animal welfair issues.

Horses are for racing, glue, hunting foxes and beastiality movies. If they're not fit to do any of the above, a bolt to the head is the only option.

Morning homos.

Off out with the kids in a bit I reckon. Park, beach, icecream, and if they don't behave, ditch with heads backwards.

laters.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning geeks,

got a right ropey nag in the works sweepstakes, will probably end up in a ditch with its head backwards without me doing anything!

looks like a lovely day, so we have bacons, starbucks and stuff on the cards today, maybe a quickie if i can catch her unawares!

laters lovers
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning turdburglars!
    Beautiful day here today. I don't have my bike with me though, typical. I gave my friend a bike I bought her, she's over the moon, so I think I have the right to introducing her to rohypnol now.
    Today I have another concert, and rehearsals during the afternoon, and tomorrow, I've planned my own concert, which will be fun. Nothing like a bit of last minute preperation 8)

No betting for me, I waste my money on enough rubbish thanks.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    glad you had a good day mate, sorry we didn't get to meet up. let us know when you're up next and we'll sort something out. we might even persuade gazlar to leave cardiff and get out for a ride :lol:
    Thanks Kev, did you really go out riding on Thurs evening? Just edited my post above about the conditions - when I arrived round your neck of the woods about 6.45 the rain was so heavy I couldn't do more than 30 on the A467 without aquaplaning and the hills had started to turn white with the hailstones. Will let you know next time I'm over and we can see if we can get Gaz out to prove that he rides a bike :D

PS: ended up in The Otter on Thurs evening and had 2 main courses for the price of one. Good pub for greedy feckers :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    semi

thats like my obvious.

hello cunts.

just watching a bit of obvious morning necessary and wishing i had black pudding with my breakfast. had meat sausages but vegie bacon and am now slobbing on the sofa.

im away on another course tomorrow so i will be packing and doing very little else today.
  • sheepsteeth
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I can't move my left thumb which could be a problem :)

aslong as it is sticking straight up, you could always do a spot of abseilling.
  • sheepsteeth
    had meat sausages

With a knife and fork I hope.

obviously, you know how i feel about obvious shapped foods.

:lol:
  • had meat sausages

With a knife and fork I hope.

obviously, you know how i feel about obvious shapped foods.

:lol:

sideways
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Biggest problem is that the 5 knuckle shuffle will now be the 4 knuckle shuffle.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    semi

thats like my obvious.

hello *****.

just watching a bit of obvious morning necessary and wishing i had black pudding with my breakfast. had meat sausages but vegie bacon and am now slobbing on the sofa.

im away on another course tomorrow so i will be packing and doing very little else today.
    Vegie bacon!? What's the point when you have real bits of pig next to it?
    I'm in Black Pudding county, Mmmm might have some later!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • sheepsteeth
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Biggest problem is that the 5 knuckle shuffle will now be the 4 knuckle shuffle.

yeah but you use the good hand for your obvious whilst sticking the extended thumb of your other up your necessary.

voila, abseilling or "pokey bumwank" as it is known in some parts of the world.

if you get a metal wire coat hanger stretched over your head with the hook pointing forward you can pin a page from the daily sport right in front of your eyes for inspiration as both of your hands will be very busy.
  • sheepsteeth

yeah, its a bit of a weird one and as it happens its actually ok, not really anything like bacon though. i couldnt be fucked with making both and the wife is a vegetarian.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873

yeah, its a bit of a weird one and as it happens its actually ok, not really anything like bacon though. i couldnt be farked with making both and the wife is a vegetarian.

She should have been sorting breakfast.

Current wife is veggie and a decent whipping has ensured she only serves meat based meals to me & the kids
  • sheepsteeth
    matthew h wrote:

yeah, its a bit of a weird one and as it happens its actually ok, not really anything like bacon though. i couldnt be farked with making both and the wife is a vegetarian.

She should have been sorting breakfast.

Current wife is veggie and a decent whipping has ensured she only serves meat based meals to me & the kids

i do all of the cooking at home as i like my food to taste nice.

shes actually a good cook and she will cook meat for me even though she is a hippy but i dont like her too as she is a hippy and shouldnt have to. id probably fel different about it i she refused to cook it but she doesnt, so i dont.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Now we know who shaves their legs in your family. Or do you wax?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • To be fair, it's all good just as long as she's happy to have a bit of pork sword / spam javelin every now and again.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Thanks Kev, did you really go out riding on Thurs evening? Just edited my post above about the conditions - when I arrived round your neck of the woods about 6.45 the rain was so heavy I couldn't do more than 30 on the A467 without aquaplaning and the hills had started to turn white with the hailstones. Will let you know next time I'm over and we can see if we can get Gaz out to prove that he rides a bike :D

PS: ended up in The Otter on Thurs evening and had 2 main courses for the price of one. Good pub for greedy feckers :P

yeah we went out about 5.30, we were up on top of the mountain on open moorland when the hail kicked in and there was fork lightning all around us...that was interesting :lol: but we missed the worst of the weather, it didn't rain much and the hail didn't last too long
  • £10 on Seabass @ 14-1 and another £10 e/w on wierd Al @ 38-1

My 1 bet of the year lol.
  • sheepsteeth
    ive got a mate called seabass, havent seen him for a while but did happen across him by chance when i was camping in wales last year, was quite a suprise. the mrs always thinks im making up these people as we always see engineers when ever we go out and about, strange eh!!

anyway, speaking to seabass earlier he says he's had a good breakfast and is gonna dig out blind this afternoon so i would say a couple of quid on him will be a good bet.
  • Your mate finished 3rd.

Do me a favour and put a bolt in him next time you see him.

and No, that's not a euphemism.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Your mate finished 3rd.

Do me a favour and put a bolt in him next time you see him.

and No, that's not a euphemism.
    Oh yes it is.
    He doesn't have a good bolt in him.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools