Summer lightning - Leith Hill!!???

gcalvert
gcalvert Posts: 11
edited April 2012 in Routes
Just had a really frustrating hour or so on Leith Hill. Totally my fault, didn't give myself enough time and got fecked off and gave up in the end, pansy!

ANYWAY..can anyone help!

Got myself over from Yoghurt Pots on Holmbury Hill via Bridle-paths to Leith Hill (suspect road may have been twice as quick). Got up there, and got totally lost (how?!!? - like I said time and frustration). Ended up around and about Coldharbour cricket club feeling like I was dangerously close to the bottom of 'Summer Lightning' but just ended up looping around Coldharbour Cricket club area. Think I didn't go far enough north?!?!?!

Can anyone give me a simple 'back of a matchbox' pointer as to the best way to get to the start of this track please from an obvious starting point?
Also for future reference is there a quicker way (other than driving) of getting from Holmbury to Leith Hill?

Any tips appreciated, would you believe I'm leading a group next week up there and though I can navigate Holmbury fine, felt like an amateur today on Leith Hill. :oops:
GT Zaksar '90
Marin Pine Moutain PACE RC35s '92
Roadie '93-'07
Specialized Rockhopper '08
Canyon XC7 '11

Comments