Browsing on e-bay, I found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUBE-Agree-GT ... 231c332208

What do you make of the descriptions?

I have my own opinions!!!

Comments

• Mike39496
    Mike39496 Posts: 414
    "THE WHITE RIBBON THAT COVERS THE HANDLEBARS ARE A BIT DIRTY" :roll:

It also appears to have upgraded wheels from the original spec and the real owner would actually point this out.

The ad speaks for itself really....
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    yhpm
  • Mike39496
    And just to add, looking through the sellers feedback he has bought around 25 nintendo DS stylus' at 1p a go for it and all the feedback messages are similar.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    The wheels are standard spec I'd say. I don't think blue decal Fulcrums are available after market.

Surely the Ultegra group would be 10sp though?

Plenty of people have no idea of the correct terminology to describe bikes but can afford to splash the cash. I still wouldn't touch this with a barge pole, though.

Rob
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    52 perfectly fitting someone who is 5ft 10 ?
    Isn't Cube sizing small anyway?
  • Mike39496
    Ber Nard wrote:
    The wheels are standard spec I'd say. I don't think blue decal Fulcrums are available after market.

Surely the Ultegra group would be 10sp though?

Plenty of people have no idea of the correct terminology to describe bikes but can afford to splash the cash. I still wouldn't touch this with a barge pole, though.

Rob

Ahhh fair enough, they are nice wheels for that bike.
  • rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    Probably just a plonker who walked into a shop and said "I want the best bike I can get for £1800". They saw a perfect opertunerty to flog last seasons bike even though the guy needed a 54 or 56 cm... And the bike was for a 2 mile commute? Clearly not a biker, but someone who wanted a flash bike.

£1k is a bit steep for a 2009 bike though...
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    IT HAS 18 GEARS (2 AT THE FRONT 9 AT THE BACK)
    Lmao
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    "100 miles max" - looks to have been ridden more than this. As others have said this guy doesn't seem to know much about his bike. 52 cm is too small for someone 5'10". £1000 is too much for a 2009 bike. He doesn't seem to have looked after the bike. The caps are missing on the end of the handlebars which makes it look tatty!! I wouldn't go near it myself....and I'm 5'10"!!! :D
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    I noticed it was 'full suspension'. How'd they manage that then?
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Cube are 53cm, don't make a 52!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • bouncyboy
    bouncyboy Posts: 25
    Lightning wrote:
    IT HAS 18 GEARS (2 AT THE FRONT 9 AT THE BACK)
    Lmao

Ultegra?? :roll:
    Bouncy :)

under 16 (A) racer
  • colsoop
    colsoop Posts: 217
    Interesting pedal choice!

The telling bit is the "do not pay through paypal"

Alarm bells ringing for me!
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    I own the exact same model and it definitely has 10 sprockets at the back unless the original has been changed. As said Cube comes in sizes 53, 56 etc. Mine is a 56 and fits me perfectly and I am 5' 8", so if it is a 53 I would say it would be too small for someone of 5' 10". The wheels are the ones that come with the bike - Fulcrum Racing 5s, but the tyres look different from the Schwalbe Ultremos that come with the bike when new.

If the best race bike he has ever had why has he only done 100 miles on it using it for 2 mile commutes?
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    On looking closer, also noticed that bar tape looks to have been badly patched up in places with black tape. Also note that he has the chain stretched on the big ring at the front to the smallest gear at the back (biggest sprocket) - not a gear you should use.