Farewell Old Friend....

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
well after 7 years loyal service I've had to bin my Milano Brokers Jersey and bibshorts - gutted :cry: . Got them in spain and they were and excellent fit and so light-never seen a material like it -but time has taken its toll….. my new dhb aerons arrived today - but are black and white - i'll miss the blue and yellow, I'm sure they made me go faster. Anyone else have a fave bit of kit they'd miss.
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    I have a wonderful Bianchi Kit that is superb in every way with one exception. It has 2002 emblazoned across the arse :)

Love the kit and have even older stuff but advertising that I'm a tight old git with the date of the kit across my arse has forced me to consign it to turbo trainer duty. :(
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Riding behind me mate today.... thinking he could do with new bibs.. I know call me a wheelsucker .. or worse
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    About to replace my 15yr old Sidi's. Nothing remarkable about them to many, just regular Sidi's, but they were my first pair of cycling shoes bought to go clipless...for many the moment when cycling becomes serious.

on a side note..the price of them now :shock: haven't looked at shoe prices for ages, have sidi decided to only do 'upmarket' shoes now?!
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    About to replace my 15yr old Sidi's. Nothing remarkable about them to many, just regular Sidi's, but they were my first pair of cycling shoes bought to go clipless...for many the moment when cycling becomes serious.

on a side note..the price of them now :shock: haven't looked at shoe prices for ages, have sidi decided to only do 'upmarket' shoes now?!

lol reminds me of my favourite cycling shoes, they weren't even mine to begin with :shock: Friend decided cycling was getting too dangerous and packed it in and gave me some stuff. I took the shoes off him and told him they would be ideal for using on my commute and then i could keep my blingy shoes for special occasions. Put the shoes on and never looked back they were sooooo comfortable I've worn them ever since. Two other pairs are now gathering dust under the stairs.
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,098
    Da da da da... the 'ourtune' theme going on in the background...

Ordered a pair of Carrera 'Team issue' shorts in 198blwbnwb from Deeside Cycles, my first peice of kit. Stayed up the night before in the kitchen so as not to miss the postman, fell asleep clutching my parcel when it arrived, what a day.
    Addidas Mercx lace up cycling shoes, fantastic pair sold to me at a knockdown price. Was in the middle of a relationship with a girl who's Dad hated me. One day after cycling to her house, one shoe went mysteriously missing! Had to ditch the remaining shoe when after 3 months the other did'nt turn up. To this day I could pull his ears off his head and kick him in the.. cont. page 94
    Never recovered from that missing shoe incident, pyschiatric reports to follow.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    well after 7 years loyal service I've had to bin my Milano Brokers Jersey and bibshorts - gutted :cry: . Got them in spain and they were and excellent fit and so light-never seen a material like it -but time has taken its toll….. my new dhb aerons arrived today - but are black and white - i'll miss the blue and yellow, I'm sure they made me go faster. Anyone else have a fave bit of kit they'd miss.

I got a pair of aerons delivered today too.. think these are going to be very comfy!
  • derall
    derall Posts: 2,836

Lord, yes. Bought my first - and only - Sidi Dominators (also my first clipless) in the early 90s, they lasted a good ten years. When they finally fell apart and I went to replace them I went into shock at the price. Bought some cheap Shimano instead.