Scott sub 30 2011

eupharies
eupharies Posts: 43
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Hello!!

I have this bike, i love it but GOD DAMN that seat is uncomfortable, can anyone recommend me one?

Also would i need to buy a special type of seat so it fits this paticular bike or.. would anything fit?

Comments

• crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Saddles are a very personal thing and it is almost impossible to recommend one over another. As for getting one that fits, I think, generally speaking, most saddles will fit most seat clamps and have a fair bit of adjustment due to being mounted on rails. If you decide to change the seat post as well you will need to ensure it is the correct diameter for your frame. You really need to try some before you buy though. The Charge Spoon is generally well recommended and is only around £20 - £25. I use a Specialized Comp saddle and a San Marco Ponza Power saddle and both are very comfortablefor me but not necessarily for everyone.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    This is a very common thread on here and as Crescent said, the Charge Spoon generally gets good reviews. There is a "Saddle Swap Shop" thread on this forum you could try.

The first question must be, are you wearing good quality cycling shorts with a pad?

http://sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html

Most saddles have 2 metal rails that connect to the seat post. This allows for forward/backward as well as tilting adjustment of the saddle. This is a standard fitting that has been used for many years.

bikerumor-neil-pryde-alize-review-seatpost01.jpg