La Morzine Vallee D'Aulps

usedtobefast
usedtobefast Posts: 145
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has done this event before and what their experiences are of it ?

Looks like it's organised by the Marmotte people so I'm assuming the set up will good.

http://www.sportcommunication.com/
Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
Fuji Track Comp 2010

Comments

• Did it last year - can't this year as I've got work commitments. Weather was really bad to begin with but brightened up to clear and warm for the last hour or so.

Small field - 250 riders, or similar.
    Good motorbike support but the marshals weren't always visible at crucial junctions.
    It was the first small sportive I've done in Europe and felt very very racy; no-one was hanging around looking at the scenery and I didn't spot anyone on a triple.
    It's a seriously tough course: starts off straight away with a massive climb and then it's climbing and descending all the way round till the final flat before the last brutal climb up the Joux Plane. A seriously brutal climb; the hardest I've ever done "in anger" as it were.

If I were doing it gain I'd stash a bottle at the top of a mid way climb and the bottom of the Joux Plane. people weren't stopping at the stations (there were plenty) and I didn't want to lose the bunch I was with.

If you're unlucky you could spend the entire ride on your own!

In all - damn hard, amazing terrain, classic riding, well organised and exciting! Go for it, and save something in the tank for the Joux Plane...

Steve B
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I've done it twice now. Not sure on this year yet.
    Well organised and a really great route.
    Small numbers though and if you're slow like me, it's a long day with the broom wagon behind.
    exercise.png