A moan about yodel.co.uk

skyblue337
skyblue337 Posts: 135
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi,

A heads up for anyone ordering from Evans online. My last order (Mavic Open Pro rim) was "delivered" by yodel.co.uk. I had a text at 2:40pm on the 11th April stating it was out for delivery. I was in the house all day, no driver turned up. Checking the tracking system I was surprised to see an entry saying delivery refused at 2:40pm. The parcel (a fairly large, conspicuous box) was delivered next day (when I was out) and was just left on the doorstep. According to the tracking system I signed for it and they'd managed to mispell my surname on that as well! It seems many people are experiencing the same issues - see http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/yodel.co.uk - ranked 34 out 34 delivery companies. I know they are all rubbish but it seems these are the worst of the lot. Emails to their customer service and web contact form have had no reply and it seems common practice for them to claim they have attempted delivery when they've done nothing of the sort.

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I had two packages delivered by them this week.

When I say delivered, I mean... by the end of the day I found a card shoved through the door which said "2 x parcels hidden in dustbin at back door".

I'm glad I hadn't put the bins out that day!
  • tipped
    tipped Posts: 27
    Absolute joke of a company.

If they're the the only courier available I'll cancel my order and take it elsewhere.
    Planet X SL Team 2011 (SRAM Red, Krysium Elite)
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    tipped wrote:
    Absolute joke of a company.

If they're the the only courier available I'll cancel my order and take it elsewhere.

What about their sponsorship of cycling in this country :?:
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Terrible company.
    Sh*ttyLink are as bad.
    exercise.png
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Had issues here too. Ordered something from O2, for which Yodel are the courier. Was sent a text saying do you want it delivered on the 11th, 12th or 13th? I sent them an email as I was not going to be back from holiday until late on the 13th, requesting a later delivery date. No reply. On the 11th, I was sent a text saying that my parcel was out for delivery :evil: . When I returned home today, the parcel had actually been left with a neighbour on the 10th! Their notifications are all incorrect, and they dont bother to read emails! Useless.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Unfortunately they just bought problems in takeovers and failed to correct them. Tracking systems are shockingly bad. One of my last packages I filled in the form that I would collect it,emailed and used the phone system. As I was leaving to go to the gym and collect,the driver arrived........

Home Delivery Network
    FAMAC
    YODEL

All the same iirc and all equally useless. For me,Citylink have actually been the best couriers. Glasgow Angling Centre use them and I've never had and problems with weighty packages or rods.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Oh lordy,I'll leave it to OMAHB to sum up his feelings on this company...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    I used to work for Yodel and also it's previous incarnations as HDNL and Business Express.
    The problems they are having are due to:
    1. Inheriting poor tracking systems from takeovers.
    2. Because they are gradually going bust the drivers wages (for their own drivers) has not moved for 3 years and the self employed drivers have had their pack rates cut by approx 30% over the same period.
    The result is that, like me, all the 1/2 decent owner drivers have told them to shove their new contract offers. Now just about all that's left are east Europeans working for a gang boss for peanuts and those of their own drivers that can't get a job with another company.
    Bottom line is that everybody who could leave Yodel has already done so.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Manglier wrote:
    I used to work for Yodel and also it's previous incarnations as HDNL and Business Express.
    The problems they are having are due to:
    1. Inheriting poor tracking systems from takeovers.
    2. Because they are gradually going bust the drivers wages (for their own drivers) has not moved for 3 years and the self employed drivers have had their pack rates cut by approx 30% over the same period.
    The result is that, like me, all the 1/2 decent owner drivers have told them to shove their new contract offers. Now just about all that's left are east Europeans working for a gang boss for peanuts and those of their own drivers that can't get a job with another company.
    Bottom line is that everybody who could leave Yodel has already done so.

Every driver that I have spoken to who works for the now Yodel is not at all happy with the way that they are being treated, like you say owner drivers having their rates cut, also the employed drivers being given the lions share of work with the self employed drivers having the dregs. I'd never use them as a supplier!

It's a bl00dy tough and competitive business - glad I'm not in it.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • humpyg
    humpyg Posts: 50
    Yodel were supposed to deliver my bike. I arranged with work to get the delivery day off, which was a bit awkward at the last moment. Waited all day, no van came. I phoned a few times and they said it would arrive. End of the day and still no delivery, so I phoned again and they said the van broke down and because my parcel was soo big, they didn't have enough room on any other van.
    They said they'd deliver the next day, so I had to quickly try to get the next day off work, and waste another days holiday. It did arrive the next day, and Yodel delivered it in a hire van. Perhaps they were right when they said the original van broke down. It's just annoying taking days off work, and sitting around for parcels that don't turn up.
  • I too placed an order on Evans last week, and it was being delivered by Yodel - had over a dozen parcels delivered by those jokers in the last year and not one has been delivered smoothly.

This time I see on their tracking that it's out for delivery and would be delivered before 9pm --- wtf ... I waited in work until about 7pm (2 hours unpaid overtime), and only at 7pm did their tracking status update to say that at 3:52pm they were "unable to gain timely access" ... bit odd as my desk is right beside the door, and the doorbell could wake the dead. several other couriers managed successful deliveries throughout the day.

I suspect their "unable to gain timely access" actually means "I can't really be arsed today, I'm going home".

That was my first order from Evans, and now that I know they use Yodel I wont be using them again - Wiggle and ChainREaction from now on.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    'Aaaaaaaaooooooooooooooooouh - yodel'

Oh! I see - not that sort of moan.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Apparently Yodel want to put their prices up so they can deliver a better service... (as heard this morning on Today, Radio 4).
  • just found out a parcel i've order for the farther in law is trying to be deliverd by yodel.
    below is a list of delivery atempts.
    Parcel History
    Historical status information for Parcel Number JD00 022 *** 1*** ****
    Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction 16/04/12 07:26 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction 14/04/12 07:17 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction 12/04/12 07:01 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
    Delivery tried,awaiting instruction 11/04/12 18:46 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
    Parcel returned to delivery depot 11/04/12 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
    No One To Receive Card Left 11/04/12 10:23 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

Never got a card on the 11th at 10.23
    Wife and i both in on all the other times and dates.
    At 7.26 this morning i was taking a delivery from the home delivery company via yodel of a radiator (arrived damaged)So how i wasn't in is hard to understand.
    what a bunch of tossers.
  • JamesB
    JamesB Posts: 1,184
    drive around lanes here too bxxxdy fast as well, hurtle about on a mission it seems :x :x