Tragic Loss... Easy to resolve problem?

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
I only comment on this since becoming aware of a past work colleague who has unfortunately died as a result of injuries following an accident with a mobility scooter. Looking into the matter further it becomes apparent that it’s quite a serious problem;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so ... e-17680852

17 Incidents in 5 years in just South Yorkshire. Not sure whether this is representative. Then you find that a poor chap has been suffocated by his own scooter.

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I've been nearly run over by these psycho pensioners in their mobility scooter on more than one occasion. Many of them clearly think they are mums on the school run judging by the standard of their driving - ie aim for where they are going and expect everything to leap out of their way!!

Shouldnt be on the road unless they pay road tax! :D:D
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I saw a guy struggling one of these down a country-ish lane by ours- he was trying to push it onto a muddy verge - so I asked if he wanted a hand - he said yes - promptly jumped in the 'machine' and asked me to push away -i'm in full cycling togs struggling to walk in cleats and push this fella - 400metres later he turns and says "cheers for that - how much do I owe you". Cleats Taxi Service - available for bar mitzvahs and weddings. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • joshr96
    joshr96 Posts: 153
    I was in the car today and one was heading directly towards us on the road, swerving in and out of the traffic.

1) What was he doing on the road in the first place?
    2) If he had to use the road (which he didn't) why was he going the wrong way?

Some people..
    Carrera TDF 2011 Limited Edition.
    Crossbow Hybrid
    Boardman AiR 9.8 one day..
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    IIRC wasn't there a psycho-pensioner on one of these on the motorway sometime recently.... he had no clue that it was inappropriate much less unlawful...