raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by
istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas
tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if
you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Many many moons ago used to have a job which involved the transcription of morse code into a teleprinter for onward transmission. real head bending stuff, listening to morse code and typing it out at the same time.

The hardest part wasnt learning morse code or even to type, but the human brain as your demo shows has a predispositon to work from memory and familiarity (Learnt behaviour) so you would get the first few letters of a word and the you d end up geussing the rest, you literally could not turn this function off.

Funnily enough my less illiterative and erudite colleagues were always the best at this task.

I do cover supervisor teaching now, and I go bonkers if kids tap as I litterally think in morse code.

. . . _ is a V or the start to Bethovens fith (V) symphony, whenever I hear it I think V

_ _ . _ is a Q ( or the start of mendlesons wedding march) and like wise whenever I hear this I cant help but run!!

Sorry you really dont want to get caught on a long train journey with me :lol:
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    beep beep beep beeeeeeep beeeeeeep beep beep beep

You must just love Nokia :)
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Tihs jsut deon'st mkae snese, yur'oe tklnaig bollocks.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    interesting Mike Read

MikeRead460.jpg

275 and 285
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • tim_wand
    Cleat 275 - 285 Mhz would best be received on a dipole antennae with a horizontal component of 8 metres and a vertical component of 6 metres.

This would of course require a plus or minus adjustment of 10 % during the night time hours to take into account the atmospherics of the convergence of the Ionisphere and tropisphere.

As I recall Mr Reid was predominantley a breakfast show DJ so these adjustments may not be necessary.

p.s Do you think He's Susannah Reids Dad?

I still find it amazing why with engaging banter like this my chain gang tend to drop me off the back and not ride at our agreed pace or let me take a turn on the front , on some occasions they have gone out without me on a Wednesday when the club handbook clearly states its a Thursday ride.
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    Tim Wand - you are truely hilarious....! I'd love to be trapped on a train with you - I spent a few years in the Army (many, many moons ago) doing all this stuff and more. Only 1 or 2 mates of mine have done the military, so the bulk of colleagues/friends/neighbours don't understand me !?! Mrs V thinks I'm complete nutz when I come out with this sort of stuff.....
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    Atelliave uencreiantits torughh a hlahety dsoe of sestickpim.

http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/cambridge.asp
  • tim_wand
    Vitesse 169 dont know if your being Ironic or that I can take light in the fact that there truly is someone as tragic as me out there.

Needless to say I have spent many any interesting hour in certain Gloucestershire locations with my Dipole.

Very nice part of the World.
  • vitesse169
    vitesse169 Posts: 422
    tim wand wrote:
    Vitesse 169 dont know if your being Ironic or that I can take light in the fact that there truly is someone as tragic as me out there.

Needless to say I have spent many any interesting hour in certain Gloucestershire locations with my Dipole.

Very nice part of the World.

....tragic are my middle name, due to the fact that friends & neighbours think that I'm a bit of a freak that I cycle loads of miles & have taken up triathlon in the last couple of years.
    Love living in this part of Glos, easy access to the lanes & faster roads to glos/chelt/brizzle - lots of ups & downs to pedal...
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I prefer this one -

lou_reed.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • wakou
    wakou Posts: 165
    Morse gives me the horrors too. When I left school I decided I wanted to be a radio/comms officer in the Merchant Navy. Unfortunately the course I went on had two hours of morse every morning, 9-11am For an 18 year old who enjoyed his evenings on licenced premises, slowed-down morse through ancient bakelite head cans at that hour was a kind of torture from which I have never fully recovered. I did not qualify BTW
    "I had righteous got my wheel backmost from a fettlin' at the LBS and was hunt transport to equitation it. As it was Refrigerated in the AM......"
  • tim_wand
    Aggie would have thought this was more you

550wsoapsee25momentsfra.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or at least an equivalent shot of Susannah