Scott Riders...

the_fuggler
the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
edited April 2012 in Commuting chat
Think there are a fair few of you on here who have a Scott of some shape or other, so I'd be grateful for your views. The Scott CR1 Team is on my 'next bike' shortlist (along with the Giant TCR Advanced 3, Cannondale Supersix 105 and Trek 3.5). Bit of a mixed bag in terms of geometry (from fairly relaxed to pretty racy), but all should be a bit more lively than my Synapse, without being too uncomfortable on my occasional 60 mile jaunts (I mostly only get the chance for rides of 1-2 hours).

I know the best way to test them is to ride them (plans being put in place), but what was it about the Scott that made it right for you?
FCN 3 / 4

Comments

• keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Cheap :) Bought the second one (commuter) because it was on a killer deal - about 50% off as the Addict range has been replaced by the Foil - and exactly the same geometry as my best bike that I bought second-hand off here.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I've got a CR1. Geometry was right for me (other options were the Madone, Colnago C59 and Roubaix) and I just like the way it rode. Whereas the other options felt very 'magic carpet ride' the Scott felt lively and connected to the road.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I have a C'dale Synapse and a PX Nanolight. The Nanolight is undoubtedly more responsive, but in real world terms, it makes bugger all difference in performance. The capability of the Synapse surpasses anything I could ever chuck at it.
  • the_fuggler
    Appreciate the feedback!

Kelsen - I suspect you're right. It's just a bad case on n+1!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Asprilla wrote:
    I've got a CR1. Geometry was right for me (other options were the Madone, Colnago C59 and Roubaix) and I just like the way it rode. Whereas the other options felt very 'magic carpet ride' the Scott felt lively and connected to the road.

Oddly enough, magic carpet ride was the feeling that put me off the CR1 in comparison to my Look - though it was a very pleasant bike to ride.

One observation on the CR1 - I may have narrow hips but I found my knees knocked against the very wide top tube quite a lot. Maybe something to bear in mind....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • the_fuggler
    Rolf F wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:

Oddly enough, magic carpet ride was the feeling that put me off the CR1 in comparison to my Look - though it was a very pleasant bike to ride.

One observation on the CR1 - I may have narrow hips but I found my knees knocked against the very wide top tube quite a lot. Maybe something to bear in mind....

Thanks Rolf - I'm more at the 'child bearing' end of the hip scale....
    FCN 3 / 4