Tacx Satori, bad noise in higher resistance levels.... help

ProMe3us
ProMe3us Posts: 2
edited February 2014 in Workshop
Hi all,

I am after some help and advice from you all if I may. Did a quick search and can't find any similar posts.

As the title of the post states I get a horrible and really unnatural sound from my Tacx Satori in anything above level 4 resistance.

The noise is like a cross between a really high pitch drill, a high pitch grinding noise and hum. It is far too noisy to be natural. I have taken it appart as much as I dare and pulled out what look to be tiny bits of glass from behind the tyre contact point. It has also got a lot of wear on the inside of the flywheel, but I can not see how this is happening. The material on the inside of the flywheel does look similar to what I have found in the machine too.

I bought the unit about six months ago and it has never been droped and I have, as far as I can tell looked after it really well.

Has anyone had or heard of similar problems? Anyone got any ideas what it could be? If someone could tell me how to fix it that would be amazing.

Thank you all for your time and answers in advance.

Comments

• ProMe3us wrote:
    I bought the unit about six months ago and it has never been droped and I have, as far as I can tell looked after it really well

Is it not still under warranty then? If yes take it back and get it replaced. If no then I presume it was second hand and I hope you get a helpful answer here on how to fix it yourself :D
  • Igstt
    Igstt Posts: 1
    Having the same problem here!
    Sounds like a grinder when Switching to 4 level!
    Please help!
  • badly_dubbed
    badly_dubbed Posts: 1,350
    how old is it?

mines only a week old but had 4-5hrs use and its pretty silent....i usually train above level 5 on it....
  • Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?

I set up a new Tacx Satori yesterday and am having the same trouble. Resistance lever seems to work fine from levels 10 to 6 with minimal noise but everything pretty much locks up once you go to levels 5 or below with a really loud grating/grinding noise.

cheers.
  • Answer !! I have the cure, or at least one cure. If you are using the plastic extendors to make it fit your wheel size then these are wider. The extender goes into a gap in the resistor unit also in the gap is the back of the magnet, in certain position the plastic pushes the magnet into the rotor and makes contact. The cure is to remove the O rings and cut away the inner face where the countersink screws go, this make the overall width narrower and stops it pushing the back of the magnet into the rotor. Hope this helps :D