New Cycling Recruit

ilm_zero7
ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Its left very late for Pre Olympic form, and Pembelton and Co need not worry, but today Mrs Zero 7 buys a bike - oddly / completely right of the blue , but quite a significant step. Sadly not Italian, and a hybrid from Halfords but its a start....

my spare lights and lock etc now all have a home, and maybe my post ride diccussions wont be received with a blank 'when can we talk about something else expression' as frequently happens
http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Its a slippery slope...
  • EarlyGo
    EarlyGo Posts: 281
    It'll all be fine until the day you discover that Mrs Zero 7 is actually faster than you!
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    EarlyGo wrote:
    It'll all be fine until the day you discover that Mrs Zero 7 is actually faster than you!

When I first started going out on my bike with mrs Ringo she was painfully slow and I used to go up hill, come back down and go back up them again just to get a bit of excercise. But after about 5 rides I found that suddenly I was having to put some work in to keep up with her. Her fitness levels increased far quicker than mine did.

Pity she didn't keep it up and now she rides very occasionally.

@Zero 7 I hope your wife enjoys her new bike, it would be funny if she was lwaving you in her dust in a couple of months.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid